Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I spoke with my Head of Sixth Form yesterday, about my low grades also if to drop Chemistry. I have a chance next Thursday to redo my three subjects which I got less than 35%. And I have to form to enable me to drop the subject, I just need to get my Form tutor & head of year to sing the form. I already have got my Chemistry teachers to sign.
    Just need to find my form tutor, now he is in a lesson.

Am I making a mistake....? I hope not. My opinion is I will retake AS-Chemistry next year when in Year 13, aswell as 2/3 A2 Subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    I spoke with my Head of Sixth Form yesterday, about my low grades also if to drop Chemistry. I have a chance next Thursday to redo my three subjects which I got less than 35%. And I have to form to enable me to drop the subject, I just need to get my Form tutor & head of year to sing the form. I already have got my Chemistry teachers to sign.

Am I making a mistake....? I hope not. My opinion is I will retake AS-Chemistry next year when in Year 13, aswell as 2/3 A2 Subjects.
    chemistry is NOT a topic to be takin lightly,it is quite challenging.But if u are 100% sure that this is the best decision then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    i wish i had dropped chem after AS. I got an A for AS and then dropped to a C. By teh end i was bored with teh subject, knew it was excluded from my uni offers and i couln't find the motivation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)

I'd say it was a mistake taking it next year with 3 A2 subjects, but I suppose people (somehow) manage to do four full A2's... The option you're deciding on would be easier than that.
    I might also add that in most cases, the extra AS (alongside three A2's) doesn't matter that much.
    Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    I'd say it was a mistake taking it next year with 3 A2 subjects, but I suppose people (somehow) manage to do four full A2's... The option you're deciding on would be easier than that.
    I might also add that in most cases, the extra AS (alongside three A2's) doesn't matter that much.
    Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.
    4a2 subjects is a piece of cake, three 3a2s and the as is not that hard, it's really easy to adjust to the workload. though AS levels aren't that well regarded Chemistry, as thev hardest subject, is always recognised. it's definately worth doing. only wusses drop economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimochi Warui)
    4a2 subjects is a piece of cake, three 3a2s and the as is not that hard, it's really easy to adjust to the workload. though AS levels aren't that well regarded Chemistry, as thev hardest subject, is always recognised. it's definately worth doing. only wusses drop economics.
    Only wusses smell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimochi Warui)
    They may drop the subject if they find it boring.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.