This discussion is closed.
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I spoke with my Head of Sixth Form yesterday, about my low grades also if to drop Chemistry. I have a chance next Thursday to redo my three subjects which I got less than 35%. And I have to form to enable me to drop the subject, I just need to get my Form tutor & head of year to sing the form. I already have got my Chemistry teachers to sign.
Just need to find my form tutor, now he is in a lesson.

Am I making a mistake....? I hope not. My opinion is I will retake AS-Chemistry next year when in Year 13, aswell as 2/3 A2 Subjects.
IntegralAnomaly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Heather_1)
I spoke with my Head of Sixth Form yesterday, about my low grades also if to drop Chemistry. I have a chance next Thursday to redo my three subjects which I got less than 35%. And I have to form to enable me to drop the subject, I just need to get my Form tutor & head of year to sing the form. I already have got my Chemistry teachers to sign.

Am I making a mistake....? I hope not. My opinion is I will retake AS-Chemistry next year when in Year 13, aswell as 2/3 A2 Subjects.
chemistry is NOT a topic to be takin lightly,it is quite challenging.But if u are 100% sure that this is the best decision then go for it.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i wish i had dropped chem after AS. I got an A for AS and then dropped to a C. By teh end i was bored with teh subject, knew it was excluded from my uni offers and i couln't find the motivation.
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Heather_1)

I'd say it was a mistake taking it next year with 3 A2 subjects, but I suppose people (somehow) manage to do four full A2's... The option you're deciding on would be easier than that.
I might also add that in most cases, the extra AS (alongside three A2's) doesn't matter that much.
Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.
Kimochi Warui
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
I'd say it was a mistake taking it next year with 3 A2 subjects, but I suppose people (somehow) manage to do four full A2's... The option you're deciding on would be easier than that.
I might also add that in most cases, the extra AS (alongside three A2's) doesn't matter that much.
Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.
4a2 subjects is a piece of cake, three 3a2s and the as is not that hard, it's really easy to adjust to the workload. though AS levels aren't that well regarded Chemistry, as thev hardest subject, is always recognised. it's definately worth doing. only wusses drop economics.
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kimochi Warui)
4a2 subjects is a piece of cake, three 3a2s and the as is not that hard, it's really easy to adjust to the workload. though AS levels aren't that well regarded Chemistry, as thev hardest subject, is always recognised. it's definately worth doing. only wusses drop economics.
Only wusses smell.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kimochi Warui)
They may drop the subject if they find it boring.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (186)
33.45%
Receiving them online / by email (277)
49.82%
I still don't know (93)
16.73%

Watched Threads