Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Chemistry AS organic practical Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I have a pretty bad teacher for chemistry, and he has decided to put off the edexcel organic chemistry practical till last minute and he hasnt even mentioned what to revise/what it is going to be on. So what do i need to revise?
    From other people, I gather it should include:
    -Mass spectroscopy
    -IR spectroscopy
    -observing changes in reactions.
    THe last topic is very broad so could someone please give me an idea of what reactions/tests to revise? Thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    also I would say the oxidation of primary,secondary alcohols.

ReputationRep:
    Also, if people have done the practical before please do not say anything that is specific for that practical. I want some teaching that i did not receive from my teacher, I do not want to cheat

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you're as accurate as humanly possible. And though i don't do Edexcel from our exam board i would say just learn everything as you would for an exam. And if you want to know what it'd like roughly there should be previous years on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    testing for halide ions

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.