Watch
This discussion is closed.
IZZY!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi,people
I am currently studying in year 10, doing my GCSEs. In future I would like to study for a medical degree. I would prefer of course to go to Oxbridge. But it is too hard to get there. COuld u tell me which grades should I get at GCSEs in order to get to Oxbridge.
bOdOING2
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Grades aint everything to getting in... bit id have thought about a minimum of 3A*s, but I think there are ppl with lower grades who got in.
Saphion
Report 16 years ago
Well it's certainly not easy for overseas students...

I got 10A1s for GCSE equivilant.
Doing GCE now...
My BMAT was slightly above average.
I got rejected by Cambridge for Medicine.

They are particular about ur interview...there's three interviews for locals.
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just do as best as you can in your GCSEs -- they will help in your Oxbridge application, but there isn't a set standard to aim for.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep - you need to do as well as you possibly can, but there's a lot more to getting in than just that.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm so bored of all these thousands of Oxbridge threads by people who haven't even finished their GCSEs yet and all the have to do is press search and they'll find their answer.
IZZY!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am thinking that i will get 7A* 2As 2 Bs(Bs in english, cuz english is not my first language)
Do u think that this gcse grades would be enough for oxbridge?? I am asking only about gcse grades not also about A-levels grades, cuz at the moment I am only studying at year 10
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Yep - you need to do as well as you possibly can, but there's a lot more to getting in than just that.
go on, learn him
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
I am thinking that i will get 7A* 2As 2 Bs(Bs in english, cuz english is not my first language)
Oh no they are much to low.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
Do u think that this gcse grades would be enough for oxbridge?? I am asking only about gcse grades not also about A-levels grades, cuz at the moment I am only studying at year 10
They could be; they could not be. I'm sure there are people here with worse grades than that. However, as I've said elsewhere - you're only in year 10, stop obsessing about Oxbridge and grades.

Dan - are you taking the piss?
MadLy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
Yeah.....they're fine.....GCSE grades arent the be-all and end-all

Yr 10!! thats quite some forward planning
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Dan - are you taking the piss?
no, sort em all out.
bOdOING2
Report 16 years ago
Ur GCSES R GONNA BE FINE! (If it ia wot u say)
I mean have any of u ppl started worring bout unis at YEAR 10!! I mean isnt that a bit crazy??!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
36.98%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.51%
Look for a job (13)
3.39%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.43%
Take a year out (67)
17.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.25%

Watched Threads