Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mobile simonly contract ending soon? What should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i’m 19 and my first mobile sim-only contract is coming up to it’s first year - the contract length, and i could phone and cancel it now if i want to.

it’s on Three mobile. I get 300 minutes, 3000 texts, and 1GB internet for £10 a month.

The thing is, I live right on the edge of a city - next to a load of fields, so I don’t get much signal on Three at all. the maximum is about 2 out of 5 bars, and sometimes it likes to cut out on calls. it’s a great reasonably priced contract, but it’s not really much good if it drops calls sometimes.

Before, i was on O2 pay & go. it was great because it always had signal. I’ve been looking at O2 sim only plans and there’s one with 600 minutes, unlimited texts, and 500MB data for £15.50 a month.

i only use about 50 minutes a month so it won’t benefit me much, and as for the internet, at the moment i use about 400/500mb a month.

I don’t know what to do though. Do I pay £5.50 extra a month to get good signal and 300 extra minutes worth, or do I stay paying £10 a month and have a few dropped calls?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    GiffGaff: works of O2 signal, essentially pay as you go, but you can buy monthly goody bags, the £10 gets you 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internets... Also calls to people on that network are free and 0800 numbers are also free
    http://giffgaff.com/

ReputationRep:
    You need to ask yourself. How many "dropped calls" make paying an extra £5.50p really worth it?

Most people understand if you need to call them back.

Meh,

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Giff Gaff. Uses 02 and the £10 deal more than matches what you already have.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Carphone Warehouse also has a Giffgaf like thing which is ridiculously cheap.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 7, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.