What to ask for my 18th birthday?

Watch
EyesSetToKill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey all!

It's my 18th birthday in less than a month!

My family and friends keep asking me what I want, but I don't have a clue! I have so far asked for a locket, 2 pairs of shorts and a playsuit. My mum told me I need to put more stuff on my wishlist.

I am hopefully going to do Vet Nursing in September, maybe something to do with that...but I don't know what.

Any ideas? (Except car/driving lessons/holiday)
Thanks! x
LookIt'sPete
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Would you rather have something that you can use straight away or something that you can keep for a long time as a sort of sentimental thing?
TheHansa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was really excited when I read, 'playsuit' then google images ruined it for me.
killercow292
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EyesSetToKill)
Hey all!

My family and friends keep asking me what I want, but I don't have a clue! I have so far asked for a locket, 2 pairs of shorts and a playsuit. My mum told me I need to put more stuff on my wishlist.

I am hopefully going to do Vet Nursing in September, maybe something to do with that...but I don't know what.

Thanks! x
I think something sentimental is a really good idea, turning 18 is a big one, so i suggest something such as jewellery or shoes, handbag kinda thing, something that is special, can last for a long time and has a meaning/reflection on the love
EyesSetToKill
Rep:
?
Hmmm I think something which I could use often/keep for a long time
Mulligan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
An 18th is a special birthday I'd ask for something you can keep and add to.
Maybe a Pandora bracelet or similar where you can get charms that hold memories. (there are lots of fab animal ones in the range)
When you look at each one you remember who gave it and what it meant to you
There is also a great price range from about £20 to hundreds for the gold and jeweled ones
Delta Aitch
Badges: 13
Report 8 years ago
Books/DVD box-sets are always my go-to when I'm stuck on what I want other people to get me.
Over The Rainbow X
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Snap! My 18th is less than 2 weeks away

My parents bought me a car (was from my savings that they have saved), but they are also getting me little things. I would say to ask for something that'll be of use, or something that you know you will really value. For example, you could have a special necklace to commemorate your 18th, or you could ask for things for uni.
EyesSetToKill
Rep:
?
(Original post by killercow292)
I think something sentimental is a really good idea, turning 18 is a big one, so i suggest something such as jewellery or shoes, handbag kinda thing, something that is special, can last for a long time and has a meaning/reflection on the love
Oh yes shoes!! That's a good idea, thanks
EyesSetToKill
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mulligan)
Maybe a Pandora bracelet or similar where you can get charms that hold memories. (there are lots of fab animal ones in the range)
There is also a great price range from about £20 to hundreds for the gold and jeweled ones

Oh yes that's such a great idea! I guess then different people can buy me charms, thanks

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions!
yothi5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Vibrator.
NikkiHarvey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a pandora bracelet, and it's the best present I've had. All my charms are special to me. I have one with a dangly number 18 on, from my 18th birthday. And a frog - so cute! I love the memories that it has attached to it! And like 'mulligan' said, some charms can be really special because they have diamonds in, or are made if gold. it's something you can keep for years and years too!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mulligan)
I agree.
I had a pandora bracelet for my 21st last week. Its something you can keep for a long time etc. Either that or some other jewellery.
twinlensreflex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm asking for stuff to take to uni, because I can't afford it all. So looks like I'm getting a scalpel and kitchen stuff for my birthday.
chocolate buttons
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm getting a small tattoo and a laptop.
VirtualRealist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gonna ask for a laptop that I can use at uni.
BefuddledPenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think a watch is traditional, you're an adult now, you have appointments to keep.
EyesSetToKill
Rep:
?
(Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
I think a watch is traditional, your an adult now, you have appointments to keep.
Good idea, seeing as I'm doing VNursing a nice fob watch sounds good.

I already have a good laptop, maybe a phone or something would be a good idea? I've had my phone for about 3 years now.

Asking for an Iphone 4 is tempting!
The Entity
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EyesSetToKill)
Hey all!

Thanks! x
after-morning pill.
Architecture-er
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My parents got me a day of rally-driving with dad, and then bought me a pewter tankard, a local lager and a packet of pork scratchings.

In some ways I appreciated the beer & scratchings more, since it was a symbol of all the great times me and dad had down at the village pub.

Though you sound more like a shoes, jewelry, clothes kinda person..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
15.81%
I'm not sure (8)
2.75%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.36%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (133)
45.7%

Watched Threads