Emma_Lawrie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah i meant concertino for the first one, got most of what you were saying so a bit calmer! still worried though aha! the sheet music i remember i put 3/4 for the time signature! got an A in the prelim so hoping i will be able to do get it again ahh the stress of exams
Lewis_Mac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by why-hello-there)
I put imperfect for that, but my music teacher said it was perfect...

hope your teacher is right!
I also put imperfect so I hope so too! My teacher said atonal instead polytonality also... starting to worry now! Also, I put jazz instead of jazz-funk so I'm hoping they'll give me the mark!

How did you think it went?
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i think for the sheet music i put 3/4 for the time signature, the fill in the gaps i said simple time and that the rhymic groupings were triples, had piccolos and snare drums and timpani and wooden blocks, was there another multiple choice question i am forgetting?
why-hello-there
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lewis_Mac)
I also put imperfect so I hope so too! My teacher said atonal instead polytonality also... starting to worry now! Also, I put jazz instead of jazz-funk so I'm hoping they'll give me the mark!

My thinking was that if polytonality means more than one tone, surely that can't be the answers as atonal is a lack of a tone...ah well

I thought it went pretty well actually Glad they gave pretty clear examples of the ornaments in the bubble question because I'm normally really bad at listening out for them. Pretty fair paper overall I'd say.

How did you find it?
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

for the atonal i put modal! total guess, sure you have done fine! they are bound to give you the mark for Jazz
why-hello-there
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Emma_Lawrie)
i think for the sheet music i put 3/4 for the time signature, the fill in the gaps i said simple time and that the rhymic groupings were triples, had piccolos and snare drums and timpani and wooden blocks, was there another multiple choice question i am forgetting?
Yeah I got the triplets as well I put 3/4 for the sheet music but apparently it was compound time so it should have been 6/8 . I wasn't really listening out for the timing, I just had a quick count of the simplest bar I could find before the music came on...whoops Hopefully they just give it for 3/4 anyway!
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ahhh i am so stressed i have ****ed it up big time aha!
Lewis_Mac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My thinking was that if polytonality means more than one tone, surely that can't be the answers as atonal is a lack of a tone...ah well

I thought it went pretty well actually Glad they gave pretty clear examples of the ornaments in the bubble question because I'm normally really bad at listening out for them. Pretty fair paper overall I'd say.

How did you find it?
That's true... holding out for atonal to be the answer!

Same actually, I thought it was definitely a fair paper based on my teacher's answers (which of course may not all be correct) I have either 29/30 out of 40 and I'm feeling good about my instruments so I'm hoping for an A!
Lewis_Mac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
for the atonal i put modal! total guess, sure you have done fine! they are bound to give you the mark for Jazz
I don't think it was modal as they piece was (I think) modern, and modes only existed in the Renaissance period. But I may have remembered it incorrectly! Ohh I hope so!
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's true... holding out for atonal to be the answer!

Same actually, I thought it was definitely a fair paper based on my teacher's answers (which of course may not all be correct) I have either 29/30 out of 40 and I'm feeling good about my instruments so I'm hoping for an A!
can you remember your teachers answers?
Lewis_Mac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah I got the triplets as well I put 3/4 for the sheet music but apparently it was compound time so it should have been 6/8 . I wasn't really listening out for the timing, I just had a quick count of the simplest bar I could find before the music came on...whoops Hopefully they just give it for 3/4 anyway!
Was it 6/8!? DAMN IT! I put 3/4 also
Lewis_Mac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
can you remember your teachers answers?
If I had a copy of all the questions I would probably be able to remember them. Anyone got a copy?
why-hello-there
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Was it 6/8!? DAMN IT! I put 3/4 also
Remember this is from the guy who put polytonality instead of atonal...maybe he's just over-thinking things.
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cameronyoung95)
I did the paper again last night and gave it to my music teacher this morning to check.

Once I have the answers back I'll post them.
do you happen to have a copy of the questions?
Lewis_Mac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Remember this is from the guy who put polytonality instead of atonal...maybe he's just over-thinking things.
I hope so! It's just hearing different answers is getting me a bit stressed! haha
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hope so! It's just hearing different answers is getting me a bit stressed! haha
same
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i remembered another multiple choice question, it had appoggiatura, neo classical, obbligatto, bassoon and other possibilities! anyone else remember it? of so what did you get?
Lewis_Mac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i remembered another multiple choice question, it had appoggiatura, neo classical, obbligatto, bassoon and other possibilities! anyone else remember it? of so what did you get?
I think I remember this one! I put Neo-Classical, Bassoon and Appoggiatura and my music teacher said they were right What did you get?
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
WHOOOOO I GOT THIS and see in the fill in the gaps was it in simple time? there is hope of an A yet
Emma_Lawrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what about the one with hemiola, galliard, pavan, renaissance, sitar, homophony and harmonics for one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (140)
4.82%
Uncertainty around my education (428)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (326)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (406)
13.97%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (133)
4.58%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (177)
6.09%
Loneliness (249)
8.57%
Financial worries (108)
3.72%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (119)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (133)
4.58%
Lack of real life entertainment (156)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (258)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (274)
9.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed