The Student Room Group

Higher Music 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Emma_Lawrie
WHOOOOO I GOT THIS :biggrin: and see in the fill in the gaps was it in simple time? there is hope of an A yet :biggrin:

YAY! :biggrin: Ohh, the gaps one was really weird. I put simple time and my teacher said I might get the mark for that, but he thinks they were looking for 'duple' time. :frown:
did you get triplets for the rhythmic grouping?
Reply 42
did you get triplets for the rhythmic grouping?

I did indeed :smile:
what about the one with galliard, hemiola, pavan, renassiance, homphony, harmonics and sitar?
Reply 44
what about the one with galliard, hemiola, pavan, renassiance, homphony, harmonics and sitar?

Renaissance
Galliard
Homophony
Triplets

You?
is that right? I put homophony, hemiola, sitar and harmonics(although it i thought renaissance)
Reply 46
is that right? I put homophony, hemiola, sitar and harmonics(although it i thought renaissance)

My music teacher said it was, but he could have been wrong. It was definitely Renaissance though (which rules out sitar).
Reply 47
Yeah, fairly sure there wasn't a sitar in that excerpt. I may be wrong though.
Original post by Lewis_Mac
My music teacher said it was, but he could have been wrong. It was definitely Renaissance though (which rules out sitar).

I put hemiola instead of triplets just because I associate it with galliard and it sounded like it was almost slowing down at points (I thought I heard triplets as well so it was just 50-50). I'm still +1 from your teacher's answers compared to mine though so it's all good! :tongue:
Reply 49
Original post by why-hello-there
I put hemiola instead of triplets just because I associate it with galliard and it sounded like it was almost slowing down at points (I thought I heard triplets as well so it was just 50-50). I'm still +1 from your teacher's answers compared to mine though so it's all good! :tongue:

Ahh fair enough! Well I'm down 2 from your teacher's answers :frown: god dammit! :tongue:
Reply 50
Anybody here have a list of all the correct answers? especially question 7 and 8? If so it would be much appreciated :smile:!
Was it 6/8!? DAMN IT! I put 3/4 also :frown:

Damn, I did that too! Now I think about it, it must have been 6/8, the quavers were grouped into 3's :frown: maybe the examiners will be lenient? Cross fingers!

Does anyone know the chord in the excerpt with Remedy by Little Boots?? I've been stressing over it for days! I put augmented at first and then I thought I heard 4 notes so I changed it to Added 6th...
Reply 52
Original post by DragonHeartstring
Damn, I did that too! Now I think about it, it must have been 6/8, the quavers were grouped into 3's :frown: maybe the examiners will be lenient? Cross fingers!

Does anyone know the chord in the excerpt with Remedy by Little Boots?? I've been stressing over it for days! I put augmented at first and then I thought I heard 4 notes so I changed it to Added 6th...

I also put added sixth but my teacher said it was augmented due to the intervals being minor, minor, major. :frown:
I also put added sixth but my teacher said it was augmented due to the intervals being minor, minor, major. :frown:

Urgh, fudge. That's really annoying! Oh well. Just as long as I didn't completely bomb the last two questions like I think I might have, it should still be okay.
:rolleyes:
Reply 54
Original post by DragonHeartstring
Urgh, fudge. That's really annoying! Oh well. Just as long as I didn't completely bomb the last two questions like I think I might have, it should still be okay.
:rolleyes:

According to my teacher it was diminished, the notes were C# E G E in that order :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by why-hello-there
My music teacher showed me what he got after the exam (gotta assume he's right for most of them :tongue:):

for question 1 it was concertino, concerto grosso and trill

for question 2 it was acciaccatura, turn, major, french horn and perfect

can't remember much from the sheet music question.

one of the other questions had plainchant, lied, augmented (i think), polytonality (i thought it was atonal but the start of it counted as a different key or something), jazz-funk and irregular metres. i don't know if those answers are all from the same question, but chances are if you remember writing them then they're right.

the one after that was galliard and hemiola (can't remember the other two, think one of them was homophonic).

the windband one had a snare drum, bass drum and woodblock (though he wasn't too sure with those) and the trombones played a glissando. can't remember anything else from that.

finally, the dreaded grid question. harmonic minor was certainly in excerpt one and excerpt 2 was in a major key, but i can't remember the rest and my teacher wasn't too sure about his answers anyway.

again, these are just his answers so might not be right (and i may have remembered them incorrectly anyway :tongue:) but i hope this helps :smile:

Edit: I think the instrument in the winband was a piccolo! :tongue:

It was a piccolo ( I play, so it'll be pretty embarrising if that's wrong).
Does anybody know it it was polytonality or antonal for that question, i said polytonal but all my friends said it was atonal?!
Original post by JackWiggins
According to my teacher it was diminished, the notes were C# E G E in that order :smile:

Was diminished an option?? I thought there was only a choice of added 6th, augmented, diminished 7th and dominant 7th? Don't tell me I read it wrong :frown:
Ha! Oh well. Either way, it still looks like I got wrong :redface:
Reply 57
Nah it was definitely an option, cause I nearly put it then decided against it :frown:! Must have read it wrong haha
Original post by JackWiggins
Nah it was definitely an option, cause I nearly put it then decided against it :frown:! Must have read it wrong haha

:pinch:

I did that in the flipping prelim too where I thought the question only wanted one tick per column, but in fact asked for two. (although I realised while still in the exam and managed to guess - the excerpt was The Pink Panther, so I sang it in my head -.-)
Reply 59
Hey all,
What textbooks did you find most useful for Higher Music? I am crashing this year, and am unsure what books would be most suitable, and the teachers are no help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending