This discussion is closed.
jaimejai
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Which university is better, in terms of nightlife, shopping, academically and just plain social environment?

Uni of Manchester, Uni of Leicester, Royal Holloway or Plymouth!?

I cant decide!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jaimejai)
Which university is better, in terms of nightlife, shopping, academically and just plain social environment?

I cant decide!

academically depends which subject you are going to do.

Shopping= manchester
nighlife=manchester

social environment/nice campus/gorgeous accomodation=leicester

what are you going to study??
mojosephene
Report 16 years ago

I cant decide!
i av had a luk at 2 of the above n i pfefered plymouth. go 4 wat u finks rite
jaimejai
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Im taking a masters in Geoscience; Royal holloway and leicester seemed rly good academically, but the night life at Manchester sounds amazing.
Finally i really like plymouth as i can take a diving course as part of my University degree! Im so confused!
jimmychoo
Report 16 years ago

I cant decide!
jai bown
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have you been round any of them??

if you want a busy city life then go to manchester,
if you want a slightly quieter life and a campus uni then go 4 leicester. I would say one of the two-which ever you like the best. They have better reps than the others i think...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Manchester is a very happening and buzzin' city. (excuse my manc slang). However if you like the quiet live then Manchester is not for you, unless you can afford to pay £1000 rent to live in Cheshire.

Manchester is very much the big city experience, the big buzz, from the music to the club scence, to the theatre to the bars. If you want to escape you have the Mersey Valley 25 minutes on the bus, and you have the Pennines half an hour away by train.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Plymouth isn't a very nice place.. i wouldnt want to spend 3 years there just so I could do a diving course!! You may as well go to any of the others, and do a course in your spare time
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (2)
6.67%
Confident (5)
16.67%
Indifferent (1)
3.33%
Unsure (7)
23.33%
Worried (15)
50%

Watched Threads