The Student Room Group

Top 10 gadgets for university

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by steviemcg
thats my plan I'm a studying computer science in september and I'm going to advertise Windows 7, Microsft Office 2010 and whatever other programs needed for £10.. Good way to make money plus if you were to buy the programs on the net it would set you back £200

Aside from being illegal.
I know that allot of uni's they offer all of the student versions (legit versions) for basically that anyway.
Essential Electricals

Laptop
Phone + Charger
Printer

Anything else are just comfort tools and you'll regret bringing everything when you have to move out.
Original post by viksta1000
iPad = £250

My first year books alone = £120 + £70 + £50 + £40 + £40 + £25 + £17 + £9 = £371

so instead, bought the iPad, found the books online and stuck the PDFs on there

sorry to be obtuse because I'm a bit ancient but can you tell me how this works.... can you get any book you want?

:smile:
Original post by catoswyn
sorry to be obtuse because I'm a bit ancient but can you tell me how this works.... can you get any book you want?

:smile:

most books tend to be published online, an ebooks cost around 99p

if all else fails *cough* torrent *cough*
Reply 324
Original post by Carbon12
Aside from being illegal.
I know that allot of uni's they offer all of the student versions (legit versions) for basically that anyway.

So a university will offer Windows 7 Ultimate, Office 2010 with everything in it, For Engineering students CAD which costs hundreds of pounds and for computer students Visual Basic, Photoshop, Adobe CS5 all that for £10?? Sure they do :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 325
Original post by steviemcg
So a university will offer Windows 7 Ultimate, Office 2010 with everything in it, For Engineering students CAD which costs hundreds of pounds and for computer students Visual Basic, Photoshop, Adobe CS5 all that for £10?? Sure they do :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Windows 7 - Yes free
The actual CAD/specific programs - probably heavily discounted, or free to access through site licenses or site computers
laptop
tablet (for books)
hard drive
games console
small tv
cables (hdmi + ethernet)
bottle opener
speakers
headphones......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending