Which emotion do you think is more powerful?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Matt the cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Lol i recon you have been watching Donny Darco... this has always confused me, i think it should be Love and hate
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
Lol i recon you have been watching Donny Darco... this has always confused me, i think it should be Love and hate
hmmm... I thought that but decided against it because love and hate are too similar. You need to love before you can hate I think.
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rIcHrD)
Love or Fear?

definatley love
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Love is merely an exstension of horniness in our primeval brain whereas fear is something that is caused by pre-cognitive instincts.
Notice animals they get scared but they don't seem to "love"
But what about the 'love' of a family member....that is hardly horniness!
diggergig
Report 17 years ago
There are many cases of animals - and not just the domesticated veriety in human company - showing commitment and affection to us and one another, and while this may ultimately be behaviour that mearly fits a physicaly pre-ordaned extention of their more basic survival patterns, you could say the same about us, as nothing we do is beyond the ability of our brain, else we would not be able to do it!

I therefore suggest that, as the principals of love, affection and fear are build on the same pysical foundations of the more complex life forms to reproduce, stay safe and protect the young or vunerable in their community, some animals do indeed 'love.'
diggergig
Report 17 years ago
Sorry, Richard, I did mean to reply. That was a poor example I gave - perhaps something better would be something less dramatic that doesn't involve any empethetical fear but I should be studying for this damn essay and so the thinking-time has to be directed elswhere.. :0(
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by diggergig)
Sorry, Richard, I did mean to reply. That was a poor example I gave - perhaps something better would be something less dramatic that doesn't involve any empethetical fear but I should be studying for this damn essay and so the thinking-time has to be directed elswhere.. :0(
hehe - good luck with the essay. No need to be sorry .
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (7)
63.64%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
18.18%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads