This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Are there any medics snooping about this site? If so let yourself be known!

[email protected]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I'm interested in becoming a doctor/vet?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Not quite a medic yet, no, but I've been accepted into the University of Leicester to do a medical degree.

L.

PS: Don't quite know why you're asking this, but either post a comment to this or you can contact me on [email protected].
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey I live in Leicester recently spent a day at the maurice shock med school, wanna know anything about it? ps i'm the one who wants to be a doctor/vet!

[email protected]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
r ne of u lot in uni at d moment cos i wanna do medicine and im wonderin wot its like?

Maybe u could answer a few questions
*Simran*
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
hey, im goin uni dis september to study medicine.....if i get da grades dat is!! ...Wot unis u guys applied?
sunny
Report 16 years ago
hey!
im going to med school this october 2!
simran where are you going?
I just hope I get the grades to go!!!AHH Alevels start next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also have to make up my mind by monday as to where i wanna go...bristol, southampton, sussex or st georges?
trinity
Report 16 years ago
At sixth format the moment, studying my A.S, i have been working at a local pharmacy where i have taken a healthcare assistant exam, so i am kind of a medic, doctor in about 6 years not too long to wait if you want to mail me

[email protected]
*Simran*
Report 16 years ago
YO SUNNY! WASSUP!

ME GOIN UCL OR BRIGHTON, HOPEFULLY! ST GEORGES A GUD UNI BY DA WAY! ME APPLIED THERE 2 LAST SEPTEMBER, BUT THEY REJECTED ME ....O WELL THEIR LOSS INIT! LOL....N YEH A LEVELS STARTIN NEX WEEK, ME IZ STRESSSIN !! WOT A LEVELS U DOIN?

HOPE YA GET DA GRADES U NEED FOR MED SCHOOL!

PEACE!
XXXXX
sunny
Report 16 years ago
Hey Simran!!!

im studying Biology chemistry, psychology and Sociology. Wot about you? me stressing too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate chem soooooo much and theres so much still to learn!!!

I live down here in brighton its a well nice place...are you putting Brighton sussex med school as insurance? Im actually emailing you from there now, ive come to the uni to revise its soo peacefull here then at home wiv my mum constantly bothering me saying "beta your working hard? you want some chai?" Its so annoying though I know she means well. Any way slightly drifting away from what I was suppose to say! No, but brighton is a great place , sun,sea and pebbles!!! Ucl is great uni theres rumor that its gonna merge wiv St Georges.

If you were me where wud you go? Where you from...london?

later aligator x.
*Simran*
Report 16 years ago
kidhaaaaa sunny !!

me doin maths AS, bio, chem, physics n punjabi (SAD INIT! LOL) ...yeh chemistrys a real nightmare!got bare revision to do! Wot chemistry n biology board u doin by da way, I fink i need an online revision partner! lol

I realii liked brighton uni by da way but ma mum still wants me 2 put ucl as ma first choice! I fink its partly coz she wants me livin at home! asian parents! lol ....Gonna keep brighton as insurance tho!

Its gud u go n [email protected] uni library! Almost impossible to study at home!n my mums been makin me enuff of dat almond milk thingy to eat ova da last few days! (is dat suposed to make u intelligent overnight by the way!lol)

Errm i duno wot bristol is like but St georges meant to b a gud uni, ma m8 loves it down there! But den again its up 2 u, coz u gna be spendin the next 5 yrs @dat uni! Apply Sussex, might c u dere next yr! lol

n yeh me is frm london! Big up London Massive!

(P.S. ....U Punjabi by da way?)

Luv,
Simran
xxxxx
sunny
Report 16 years ago
Hey Simran!!!

a online revision partner sounds wkd! Im with AQA for biology- specification A and with OCR for chemistry. What about you? If you aint wiv the ones im wiv it dont matter cause 70% of the stuff in the other syllabus's is the same...so im told. So we can still help each other out.

No Im not punjabi, im gujerati. But we do have similar mums so it sounds like! The almond milk thing...."beta badam is good for your brains, you want to get A's dont you?" (says my mum) Well apparently almonds are good for the brains...but I have a feeling none of my intelligent friends drink almond milk!!!

I might put sussex down as my insurance as the offer they gave me was pretty cool and I do like it down here, its just that do I really want to have spent the whole of my life in brighton?
Dont you wanna move away? Live in halls -uni life etc?

Better get back to the uni library and start revising the reactions of the amines!!!! the fun never stops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

later x
*Simran*
Report 16 years ago
kem cho sunny

Im doin edexcel for biology and AQA for chemistry by da way....different boards to u! I spose we could still revise together anyway...on msn or sumit! wot ur email add?

I supose it is good to move out , at da end of da day uni life is jus anotha experience dat onli gonna *** ur way once! But uni halls kinda depress me! i get home sick quite easily! (Gona miss my mum n da almond milk too much! lol) Ill c where i go tho init, if its brighton then ill have 2 move out in halls or sumit.

Simran
xxxxxx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by *Simran*
YO SUNNY! WASSUP!

ME GOIN UCL OR BRIGHTON, HOPEFULLY! ST GEORGES A GUD UNI BY DA WAY! ME APPLIED THERE 2 LAST SEPTEMBER, BUT THEY REJECTED ME ....O WELL THEIR LOSS INIT! LOL....N YEH A LEVELS STARTIN NEX WEEK, ME IZ STRESSSIN !! WOT A LEVELS U DOIN?

HOPE YA GET DA GRADES U NEED FOR MED SCHOOL!

PEACE!
XXXXX
How come you applied to George's last year if you're doing A-levels this year?
*Simran*
Report 16 years ago
coz u apply in september time dnt ya, n september woz last yr i.e. 2002 ........DOHHHH!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Oh. I didn't know that. There's not need to be so rude.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Not a very good characteristic of a doctor, really.
Goku_ssj4
Report 16 years ago
erm i think Mr UNREGISTERED WAS trying to catch out Simran! And he didnt really ask a question more of a statement so he had that answer coming to him!
*Simran*
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Not a very good characteristic of a doctor, really.
[email protected] i didnt ask ur opinion mate, so keep ur precious comments to urself!

(P.S. I werent being nasty earlier either, jus expected u to use a bit of common sense to work dat out! dat too much to ask 4 ?)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
One thing I'm amazed at is the fact that some of these people can't spell or use proper grammar. Yet they want to be a doctor. I know that doctor's handwritings are rubbish and all, but you don't spell "The" as "Da" otherwise you'd get used to it. Or "because" as "cuz" or even "I am going" as "me is going"
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.36%
No (596)
65.64%

Watched Threads