speak english simran, oh wait.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
eez aliG innit, boooooooooooyakasha.
Goku_ssj4
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Bunch of fukin UNREGISTERED ***** on this board. They should make it registration only. Maybe we might have some sense around here!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I agree completely. I think that considering that these are posts put by wanna-be medics, the slang being used is awful. I know its only informal internet chat, but if you can't even sit at a keyboard and type properly what hope have you got?! These are supposed to be the academic creme-de-la-creme and you're speaking to each other like retarded Ali-G wanna-be's!
As they say, it takes a week to learn a bad habit, and ten weeks to break it. Smarten up the written style soon, or else you'll have to relearn typing when you really needed it - doing huge medical essays for the next day!!

Peace out.

By the way, I'm going to medical school in September! :-)
Goku_ssj4
Report 16 years ago
heres another one of them! LOL !

So mr perfect what did u get then ? AAA ? Get a life son, start by switching on the telly. By the way not taking the micky out of your grades! Only your life

Peace out- What the **** does that mean ? Isnt that Ali G as well ? Guess your just retarded as us all !
*Simran*
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
speak english simran, oh wait.
I am speaking english u dumass! Is it my fault now that ur english is so flippin CRAP! Try n get yourself an education maybe!!!
Vetgirl
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Im going to London to do Vet Medicine in September if I get the grades! Sorry to break up a good rant n everything!
Forders
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im doing medicine next sept (if i get the grades eeeek!!)

dont know whether to take a gap yr tho - do u reckon its a waste of time and should wait til u can do something useful?! i think id be au-pairing in france.

well done for getting into vet meds - thats well hard!! dont u have to spend ur life doing wk exp or something?!

xxx

ps punjabi! how cools that! im doing french and its HAAARD
Goku_ssj4
Report 16 years ago
so can u guys who have been accepted tell us what grades u got at GCSE and what ure predicted for AS/A2 ??
Wanna keep it as a sort of guideline for myself

Thanks !
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
GCSE - 9 A*'s and 1 A (maths - always a *****.)

AS - 3 A's and a B (maths again - *****..)

A level - 3 A's (ha! showed that maths ***** who's boss!)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
gap years are gd! av a massage, take a cruise, see sum peeps, eat sum food...!
pcq
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
anyone for notts uni ?
Forders
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As and A*s mostly at GCSEs would help u on ur way, but its not neccesary. As and Bs at A level r good too, but dont worry if u mess up ASs cos its the predicted grade for Alevel which matter.

like some ppl got Ds for maths but theyre predicted As/Bs so they just declined the grade and resat. most unis dont discriminate if u havent put nething down (ie declined it) as long as ur predicteds are ok

also there are some places now that dont ask for all As/Bs. most ppl put them as backups but theyre good unis and it doesnt really matter where u go for meds, ur going to get a job neway!!

xxx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Really, you'll need at least ABB at A2. Most places have typical offers of AAB. However such as Sheffield some allow ABB. Unless you do exceptionally well at interview and get an unconditional offer (and i only know of one non-scottish person to whom this applies), you're very unlikely to find anything below ABB. You'll have to check the prospectuses to make sure.

I still have to get my grades to ensure i can take my place at med school but it seems the difficult part is the interview stage. Make sure you know about current medical issues in the news and have a reasonable understanding of how the NHS works and what being a doctor involves - you'll have to get work experience if you haven't already.

Good luck
Michael
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I got an offer from Queens Belfast for 2As1B due to the A in the 4th AS. I was fortunate as I had no interview to do, however i think it's fair to do an interview, because it shows that you can demostrate your communication skills, a reasonably important part of medicine. However I am glad I got the offer. People I know whom are academically more successful than I were rejected, and sometimes I feel really bad about it, because I am sure they would deserve the place just as much as myself.
I applied for Sheffield, Dundee, and Edinburgh, yet they rejected me, i was thinking could this be a result of my application being sent away on the deadline (which wasn't my fault, but the fault of my careers teacher, who forgot to send them sooner).
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm going to manchester, or at least I hope i am if i get my AAB. Whch now seems unlikly as maths sucked. Anyway i know a girl who got an offer of CCC for medicine at UCL she is dead dead clever though. They must have loved her.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sunny)
Hey Simran!!!

a online revision partner sounds wkd! ...
later x
u sure?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Simran*)
kidhaaaaa sunny !!

me doin maths AS, bio, chem, physics n punjabi (SAD INIT! LOL) ...yeh chemistrys a real nightmare!got bare revision to do! Wot chemistry n biology board u doin by da way, I fink i need an online revision partner! lol

I realii liked brighton uni by da way but ma mum still wants me 2 put ucl as ma first choice! I fink its partly coz she wants me livin at home! asian parents! lol ....Gonna keep brighton as insurance tho!

Its gud u go n [email protected] uni library! Almost impossible to study at home!n my mums been makin me enuff of dat almond milk thingy to eat ova da last few days! (is dat suposed to make u intelligent overnight by the way!lol)

Errm i duno wot bristol is like but St georges meant to b a gud uni, ma m8 loves it down there! But den again its up 2 u, coz u gna be spendin the next 5 yrs @dat uni! Apply Sussex, might c u dere next yr! lol

n yeh me is frm london! Big up London Massive!

(P.S. ....U Punjabi by da way?)

Luv,
Simran
xxxxx
If a moron like you makes it to medical school then do us a favour and just kill some people now and save youself the bother of years of negligence
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads