This discussion is closed.
snowball
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I've read in magazines and the occasional newspaper recently that there have been lots of people having allergic reactions to hair dye. Well I die my hair lots, not vile colours like fluorescent green or something, but dark brown or reddish (my natural hair is light brown). Anyway I would like some suggestions as to what colour to dye my hair next as I get bored of it really easily and fancy a change... and my friends are no help! I have a fair complexion and blue eyes?
Cloudy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by snowball)
I've read in magazines and the occasional newspaper recently that there have been lots of people having allergic reactions to hair dye. Well I die my hair lots, not vile colours like fluorescent green or something, but dark brown or reddish (my natural hair is light brown). Anyway I would like some suggestions as to what colour to dye my hair next as I get bored of it really easily and fancy a change... and my friends are no help! I have a fair complexion and blue eyes?
I don't know what you look like but what about blonde or light high-lights
snowball
(Original post by Cloudy)
I don't know what you look like but what about blonde or light high-lights
Thanks I was kind of thinking of that, but then what about when my roots start showing through?! I really don't like that!!!xxx
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Use henna dye, it is a pretty rich colour and it's all natural so it won't make you allergic, it's cheap and it smells nice.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Or you can also use vegetable colours, but they wash out quicker but for a pound a bottle you can get pretty much any colour you want
snowball
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Or you can also use vegetable colours, but they wash out quicker but for a pound a bottle you can get pretty much any colour you want
aww thank you! that's an even better suggestion I hadn't thought of that! Can you buy it in Boots and Superdrug or do you have to go to an alternative shop?xxx
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks I was kind of thinking of that, but then what about when my roots start showing through?! I really don't like that!!!xxx

you have to get it re done regularly..

love Katy ***
Cloudy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
you have to get it re done regularly..

love Katy ***
Yeah, get it re-done regularly!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
aww thank you! that's an even better suggestion I hadn't thought of that! Can you buy it in Boots and Superdrug or do you have to go to an alternative shop?xxx
Vegetable Colours are the stuff you put in cakes!!!
It works better on a clean light canvas though so if your hair doesn't seem to look as though it's getting a lot of colour when you do it, get it lightly bleached...not BLEACHED but just ask for it to be made a lighter colour. It will cost a little but then you can use as many colours as you want and if you want to wash it all out there are some organic things you can use or even just some blonde shampoo what's it called hang on, my mum uses it cuz she's grey...sheer blonde it gets rid of chlorine etc
Cloudy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Use henna dye, it is a pretty rich colour and it's all natural so it won't make you allergic, it's cheap and it smells nice.
I would be extremely careful when using henna dyes as if you leave them in too long you could end up with a totally unexpected. One friend used henna and ended up completly ginger when she wanted a burgundy! And the bad thing is it was permanent!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my sisters all dye their hair as they go slightly grey at 20 odd. about every week they do lol, and one of them does it loads and loads and now her hair falls out. eek
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
my sisters all dye their hair as they go slightly grey at 20 odd. about every week they do lol, and one of them does it loads and loads and now her hair falls out. eek

A lot of hair dressers also offer 'organic colours ' now which are extremely gentle on your hair & can be mixed to produce lots of shades.
snowball
(Original post by kissit)
A lot of hair dressers also offer 'organic colours ' now which are extremely gentle on your hair & can be mixed to produce lots of shades.
thanks x
snowball
aww, thank you, you lot have givenme lots of good advice
X
Back
to top