The Student Room Group

Maths exam IGCSE - HIGHER TIER - PAPER 3H AND PAPER 4H POST DISCUSSION.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
^ I think your suppose to lower bound 3.5 to 3.45 then times it together to get the surface area of the cube
Original post by Emsss
That was right. It was 40.4%

How sure are you? Is that the marking scheme answer? Have you seen it published officially? It could also be wrong.
Reply 122
Cant anyone remember what they got for the probability ones? :/
Reply 123
Original post by MAZADO
For the scale factor of the area did you have to use scale factor 4 or 5.
Was the answer 50 or 32?

I used scaled factor 4, but I think it's wrong. Others said it was 5.
Original post by Emsss
I don't even remember that question :/ omg I didn't miss it out did I?

he's talking about maths B
Reply 125
Original post by H!story
^ I think your suppose to lower bound 3.5 to 3.45 then times it together to get the surface area of the cube

Nope. Didnt say anything about lower bounding the sides. Just said the lower bound for the volume is 4?.88.. sorry :/
Reply 126
I'm confident . The people in my school are actual genius' and they take maths a year early :smile:

It's definitely not 37 though cos I remember doing it in class.
You have 100 to start with. It increases by 20 so now it's 1.2 then you times it by 1.17 as it increases by that.

1.404 ... It's increased by 40.4
Reply 127
AHH CRAP i used 3.455 for the lower bound one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 128
I also tried it on a random number ie 100 . Theres now 120 . 17% of that now is 20.4 .
120 + 20.4 is 140.4

Original is 100
Result 140.4
How much has it increased by then :')
Reply 129
Original post by gabriel 41
what was the answer to that polygon question? It was so hard!

Yep, the answer to the polygon question is simply sub the angle into the formula (N-2)180/n=... (I forgot). Then you divide by two. Therefore, since the polygon is regular then all the parts are built by isosceles triangles. Hence, you add the angle together then subtract by 180 to get a part of the center angle. Then you divide the angle you have with 360 which tells you how many N sides the polygon has which I think is n=10.

Well, the test was pretty messed up lol the next one is all just quadratics and stuff.
Reply 130
I also got 40.4% increase for the India question and a 10 sided polygon
Reply 131
Do you think the next one will be easier ?
Will the grade boundaries be low?
Reply 133
I'm thinking the next one will be a lot harder with functions, harder graphs and differentiation...not to forget sets. Really scared of the next one :s-smilie:
Reply 134
Original post by ZahwahPTTS
Will the grade boundaries be low?

I reckon 82 for a* .
Obviously not accurate atall as they haven't been atall. But i don't think it will be 84 or more
Reply 135
Original post by zzaacc
I'm thinking the next one will be a lot harder with functions, harder graphs and differentiation...not to forget sets. Really scared of the next one :s-smilie:

Ahhh same :frown: I've got so many exams this week as well :frown:
For the question where it gave you the volume of a cuboid and you had to lower bound the volume. Then cube root it . There square root it. Did you then times it by 6 ??
Original post by Emsss
I reckon 82 for a* .
Obviously not accurate atall as they haven't been atall. But i don't think it will be 84 or more

So an A would be something like 64, right?
Original post by Emsss
I'm confident . The people in my school are actual genius' and they take maths a year early :smile:

It's definitely not 37 though cos I remember doing it in class.
You have 100 to start with. It increases by 20 so now it's 1.2 then you times it by 1.17 as it increases by that.

1.404 ... It's increased by 40.4

I didn't do it like that, but I got 40.4% too, so glad someone else did, I was starting to worry!
Reply 138
For that question with the 2 triangles in the big shape. The scale factor wasn't 4 was it?
Reply 139
Original post by Emsss
Ahhh same :frown: I've got so many exams this week as well :frown:
For the question where it gave you the volume of a cuboid and you had to lower bound the volume. Then cube root it . There square root it. Did you then times it by 6 ??

Yeh I did times it by 6 but I got the answer to that question wrong :/ I kept taking the lower bound for each stage for some silly reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending