Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Skype on iPhone help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to Palestine this summer and am scoping out the best ways to keep in contact with my boyfriend, who is remaining in England. I will have access to a computer with internet, and he will have no computer, but will have an iPhone (3G or 3GS, not sure). I don't have skype on my iPhone atm, so not sure how this would work- if he downloaded skype onto his phone, could I call him from skype on a computer in Palestine and he could answer the call on skype on his phone? At no cost to either of us? Sorry if I sound dumb. Just trying to wrap my head around this. Any other ideas on which technologies could be best for staying in touch would be awesome too Thanks so much.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by never_ending)
    Hi, I'm going to Palestine this summer and am scoping out the best ways to keep in contact with my boyfriend, who is remaining in England. I will have access to a computer with internet, and he will have no computer, but will have an iPhone (3G or 3GS, not sure). I don't have skype on my iPhone atm, so not sure how this would work- if he downloaded skype onto his phone, could I call him from skype on a computer in Palestine and he could answer the call on skype on his phone? At no cost to either of us? Sorry if I sound dumb. Just trying to wrap my head around this. Any other ideas on which technologies could be best for staying in touch would be awesome too Thanks so much.
    I suggest that you download Viber on both your iphones instead. From experience, the calls have been of much higher quality and less laggy compared to Skype. Whatsapp / iMessage can also be used for instant messaging.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.