Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people focus on the top few teams, but do any of you track developments further down the grid?
    BAR and Sauber have both impressed in winter testing, whereas McLaren and Renault seem to have slipped behind. Do you any of predict Sauber/BAR to get in amongst the big teams this year?

*The C23 looks likes an F2003-ga, and has ferrari 2004 spec engines and gearboxes.
    *The new BAR car will be running on Michelins, and if you consider that they give about a second a lap, minus a second off last year's times and....

ReputationRep:
    Well, being the biggest BAR fan, I'm going to go with them. Not only have they switched over to the only tyres to have, seeing as Ferrari basically keep Bridgestone tailored to themselves, but they've got Jenson too. They've made awesome leaps in the Winter, they've been amazing at testing, even though they are on new tyres that have a completely different chassis philosophy. The only big thing could be the reliability of the Honda engines, they did blow up all over the place last year, but they seemed to have gotten better, but with the one engine per race rule, I just hope they can hang on.

Ummm, so BAR. I won't pick Sauber, they're on the down, I mean come on, Fisichella is just an all-round reject and they're one of the teams I hate with a passion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you Europeans watch F1.. I would rather shoot myself in the foot or watch paint dry... Cars going around and around in different patterns isn't that good. The same german guys win every race too. But at least it isn't hickish like american driving

ReputationRep:
    I saw an interview with the top guy of BAR yesterday (hangs her head in shame for not remembering his name) and he believes they will have lots of podiums this season, and come 4th in constrctor championship. Just a shame Jensons a bit of a prat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I don't know how you Europeans watch F1.. I would rather shoot myself in the foot or watch paint dry... Cars going around and around in different patterns isn't that good. The same german guys win every race too. But at least it isn't hickish like american driving
    You obviously didn't see the quite exciting season last year (comparing to the few seasons prior) You should go to see it for real, it changes your view on it.

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate Formula 1, I mean really hate it. Stupid guys, stupid cars, going round stupid tracks. But then I gave it a chance and fell in love.

You mean Dave Richards? Now I disagree with the Jens thing, I think Jens is BAR, without him they'd be dead in the water. Dave Richards on the other hand, is a total sleazebag .

ReputationRep:
    Jenson just hasn't performed as promised, given that could be down to the car, and tyre choice. I just took a dislike to him when I read about him ditching his childhood sweetheart when he started on the scene. He also is a bit up himself. I hope he prooves me wrong, cuz he's a Brit of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    Jenson just hasn't performed as promised, given that could be down to the car, and tyre choice. I just took a dislike to him when I read about him ditching his childhood sweetheart when he started on the scene. He also is a bit up himself. I hope he prooves me wrong, cuz he's a Brit of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree, he hasn't performed yet, but I honestly don't think its his fault. He got rushed into the Williams, before he even knew what he was doing and since then he was chucked out of Renault, even though he outperformed Jarno, before they made their big leap and until now, BAR have been lagging too.

Again, I have to disagree with you about the up himself, I think Jenson of all the drivers, comes across as someone who recognises his own flaws, he's not arrogrant like many of the others, including the recently departed Villeneuve and he appears down to earth. Dumping his girlfriend might have been for her sake, I don't think anyone can know how fame can affect someone, maybe he wanted to spare her the life of constant media attention?

Anyway, I hope he proves himself too, god knows that he's the only thing Britain's got in F1, David Coulthard's going to be given the boot next season and the others, well, lets not even go there .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgan)
    Well, being the biggest BAR fan, I'm going to go with them. Not only have they switched over to the only tyres to have, seeing as Ferrari basically keep Bridgestone tailored to themselves, but they've got Jenson too. They've made awesome leaps in the Winter, they've been amazing at testing, even though they are on new tyres that have a completely different chassis philosophy. The only big thing could be the reliability of the Honda engines, they did blow up all over the place last year, but they seemed to have gotten better, but with the one engine per race rule, I just hope they can hang on.

Ummm, so BAR. I won't pick Sauber, they're on the down, I mean come on, Fisichella is just an all-round reject and they're one of the teams I hate with a passion.
    yeah, BAR look amazing this year - they should be competing with Renault at least.

if sauber's new car is an f2003-ga with a 2004 spec engine and gearbox, then surely they are not on the down :confused:

ReputationRep:
    anyone who's seen a race commentated by murray walker cannot fail to be entertained by formula 1

http://www.worldmotorsport.com/murray/

Go there, there's too many to paste it here, but some of them are so funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innitman_uk)
    yeah, BAR look amazing this year - they should be competing with Renault at least.

if sauber's new car is an f2003-ga with a 2004 spec engine and gearbox, then surely they are not on the down :confused:
    "BAR" look amazing, lol

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.