This discussion is closed.
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
This is probably a really daft question, but...
Does anybody go swimming with dyed hair? I want to dye my hair but I have nightmare images of me turning the whole pool green, or my hair turning green. Im worried about the dye reacting with the chlorine in the pool :eek:
snowball
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
Does anybody go swimming with dyed hair? I want to dye my hair but I have nightmare images of me turning the whole pool green, or my hair turning green. Im worried about the dye reacting with the chlorine in the pool :eek:
I have worried about that too and I would say dont... if water makes ur dye come out, add chlorine and imagine the combined effects honey! please dont risk it!x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
worry about the pee not the chlorine
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Any decent hair dye wont react....eg from a salon or even proper package stuff like 'nice & easy' wont react. However the blonding bleach look is quiet likely to change, because it makes you hair very poreous.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by kissit)
Any decent hair dye wont react....eg from a salon or even proper package stuff like 'nice & easy' wont react. However the blonding bleach look is quiet likely to change, because it makes you hair very poreous.
Thanx for the advice. Im a brunette and I want to accentuate my colour by going a deep chestnut or something really lush like that.
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanx for the advice. Im a brunette and I want to accentuate my colour by going a deep chestnut or something really lush like that.
Cool - go for it!
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I want to dye my hair but I have nightmare images of me turning the whole pool green, or my hair turning green.
That would be sooo funny! Get it on camera and send it into 'You've been Framed'!
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep!! I used to dye my hair blonde (now gone back to being a brunette)
Anyway, I went swimming just after I got my hair dyed and I don't know whether it was the chlorine or what, but it went a really light shade of green - but it didn't last long. Perhaps it faded - I don't know.
Also, (whilst having blonde hair) I put semi-permanent pink hair dye of streaks of my hair. Bad choice. Twas NOT 6-8 washes. It was there for a few months. But not pink - that was pink originally, then blue/green/grey. Not too pretty. Anyway, stay away from swimming pools!
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by Katie Heskins)
stay away from swimming pools!
Thanks for the warning... and sorry about your hair but you made me laugh so hard
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As long as you use decent dye and dont swim to often its ok. Make sure you use a proper chlorine removing swimming shampoo and conditioner otherwise it will change your colour. Its really important to get the chlorine out.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you want to dye it chestnut it should be ok as far as I know. I think bleach is supposed to react badly with chlorine but darker dyes should be fine, and if you get a green tinge it won't show anyway! (Probably...)
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Katie Heskins)
Bad choice. Twas NOT 6-8 washes. It was there for a few months. But not pink - that was pink originally, then blue/green/grey. Not too pretty.
My Mum had often said that she wanted to try dying her hair, so this christmas, being the ones who sort her stocking, me and my sister got her some cheap wella 'wash-in, wash-out' sachets of dark red-ish colours. She was thrilled with them and just about to sneakily put it in when she read the instructions that said it wasn't suitable for 'grey' hair. After dithering she did it anyway, and the results caused much amusement. It went a bright orange-pink, and did not wash out for weeks, although it faded after a while to slightly lighter pink tones.
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

semi permanet - no way
permnamet mayb after a while
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i want to streak my hair red soon, go ahead with it, you'll have no problems.

Adam
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Thanks for your advice everybody
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (87)
51.79%
No they should not (61)
36.31%
Abstain (20)
11.9%

Watched Threads