The wait is killing me (almost literally)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Insatiable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
My application was processed on the 13th of October, and I'm desperate to hear something from Warwick but so far there's been absolutely nothing.

I applied for English and creative writing and although there were interviews for this course earlier this month, I didnt receive a letter about it. My English teacher called to enquire and was told that there would be multiple rounds of interviews, but I think he may have asked about English rather than English and creative writing.

I was rejected by Oxford for English (came painfully close though - I was asked back for an interview at another college) and since then, Warwick has been my first preference.

I got AAAA for my AS levels (not including general studies, which was also an A but doesn't really count for much) and am predicted AAA this year. If they reject me without even giving me the chance of an interview I'll be devestated.
grace
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Insatiable)
My application was processed on the 13th of October, and I'm desperate to hear something from Warwick but so far there's been absolutely nothing.

I applied for English and creative writing and although there were interviews for this course earlier this month, I didnt receive a letter about it. My English teacher called to enquire and was told that there would be multiple rounds of interviews, but I think he may have asked about English rather than English and creative writing.

I was rejected by Oxford for English (came painfully close though - I was asked back for an interview at another college) and since then, Warwick has been my first preference.

I got AAAA for my AS levels (not including general studies, which was also an A but doesn't really count for much) and am predicted AAA this year. If they reject me without even giving me the chance of an interview I'll be devestated.
I really really really hate to disappoint you, and i know this will be devastating, but i went to an interview at Warwick for English with creative writing last week....they told us all (in a 'group interview' thing) that they were only holding ONE interview day for the course, and we were it. There were about 35 of us, so they said each of us had roughly a one in two chance for the amount of places they had, and that we were the short-short-short list, as they weren't holding any more interviews
Insatiable
Rep:
?
*sigh* I thought as much.

So it looks like another lovely little rejection letter will be hitting my doormat soon. Fan-bloody-tastic. I was so close at Oxford (it was literally down to me and one other girl) and now Warwick are rejecting me without even giving me a chance to prove myself. What the hell do these people want!? My English teacher went over my personal statement with a fine-tooth comb, there's nothing wrong with my grades, I even waived my right to an open reference.

Well I hope your interview went well and all. It looks like a fantastic course and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Damn, I just feel like curling up and crying, but I'm in school and I'll just humiliate myself.
grace
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

So it looks like another lovely little rejection letter will be hitting my doormat soon. Fan-bloody-tastic. I was so close at Oxford (it was literally down to me and one other girl) and now Warwick are rejecting me without even giving me a chance to prove myself. What the hell do these people want!? My English teacher went over my personal statement with a fine-tooth comb, there's nothing wrong with my grades, I even waived my right to an open reference.

Well I hope your interview went well and all. It looks like a fantastic course and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Damn, I just feel like curling up and crying, but I'm in school and I'll just humiliate myself.
aawwww, hun, i don't mean to sound patronising but i do know what you're going through! After cambridge rejected me, my first choice was Nottingham....but they rejected me without so much as an interview! My grades are the same as yours and my personal statement was perfect as well. I really really really wanted to go to nottingham, and it's so depressing that people with LOWER grades than me have actually been offered a place for the same course. But now i'm pinning my hopes on Warwick, and i'm sure that any other university you applied to would be just as good (i'm assuming that someone with grades like yours has applied to top unis? which other ones have you applied to? any other offers?). i really honestly think that a heck of a lot of university applications is just down to luck
Insatiable
Rep:
?
I only have two offers so far: Reading and Bristol. I haven't heard anything from Nottingham yet, but I imagine it'll be another skinny envelope and another night spent crying into my pillow.

Did they happen to mention when you'll hear how you did?
grace
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I only have two offers so far: Reading and Bristol. I haven't heard anything from Nottingham yet, but I imagine it'll be another skinny envelope and another night spent crying into my pillow.

Don't worry, i only have one offer, from York! And as pencil queen says, warwick might still want to offer you another course...i applied to do english with politics at york, and they offered me a place for just straight english. Plus be grateful you got into Bristol, they rejected me too! I only have UCL and Warwick to go...three rejections and one offer for a straight A student?! it does happen, but i've just learned to live with it.

i asked my interviewer at Warwick roughly how long it would be before i find out, he said that he had already made his decision (i have a good feeling! ) and so could tell the office as soon as we'd finished, it was up to them how long it takes, he said it could be anything from a week (it was one week ago today) to ten days, so we'll see?
Sunnyt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

hey hey hey that does not mean anything! you could just still recieve an offer, i was not invited for an interview or test at university notts! I was like shite im rejected, and guess what, I recieved an unconditional offer!
There is still time, if they were gona reject u they would have done it by now

goodluck
x
acisejica
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

you've got bristol?! u should be celebrating not curling up in a little ball!! i live in bristol and thats the only reason i didn't apply. all my friends say how lucky non-bristolians are to come to uni here... the city is seriously nice, and its one of the best unis in the country!! As for notts... i've heard they're quite early with rejections so think of it as good that u havent heard anything

seriously... don't worry
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Thank you all so much for your kind words, and best of luck to you Grace!

I just wish they'd hurry up and tell me either way instead of letting me stew like this.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (168)
24.78%
Better than expected (141)
20.8%
Worse than expected (369)
54.42%

Watched Threads