The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

one more question (sorry): do they see the grade of a module both the first time AND the rest. e.g. a D and then an A for, say, foundation biology
Reply 21
Sona
one more question (sorry): do they see the grade of a module both the first time AND the rest. e.g. a D and then an A for, say, foundation biology

Nothing is official yet, but it looks like it'll be that way.

Don't worry about it. All they care about is that you got that A!
yeah but it'll look a bit odd, my E for my first critical thinking, and then A's for my other modules, lol
Reply 23
tomtheone
Just to confirm for you guys it is definately going to happen. For people entering university in 2007 and after, the universities will be able to see your module results and how many times youve re-sat. This may be of no concern but universities like Oxford and Cambridge will want to see a very low ammount of re-sits. People entering university in 2006 will not be affected, I REPEAT NOT AFFECTED. Which is good because thats when I'm entering, All Praise the Lord.

Oxford and Cambridge already ask for your module results. I wish other universities did, I would have liked to show off the modules I got full marks in.
sssh
Oxford and Cambridge already ask for your module results. I wish other universities did, I would have liked to show off the modules I got full marks in.

why don't you drop out of uni and apply again?:wink:
Reply 25
Mustard-man
why don't you drop out of uni and apply again?:wink:

Haha, I'm not that keen to show them!
Reply 26
Oxford doesn't! It's only Cambridge (and that's their problem!).
Reply 27
Madprof

It doesn't? Oops, sorry for my error. I was just assuming that it did, because Cambridge does. Not that knowing my individual modular results held any sway with the latter anyway!
Reply 28
Lol, no worries. Just showing that Oxford don't need module scores to judge potential, unlike the other place...
Reply 29
Madprof

Confirmed. :smile:
Reply 30
sssh

As of the 2005 application cycle for entry in 2006, only Cambridge asks for module results.
Reply 31

Ah, that's the thread I was looking for. Good work! +rep even though mine isn't worth much if anything at all. :p:
For 2007 entry I think all universities (yes, including oxford!) will see unit results.
I think you only need to worry if you've done about 5 resits or something - I'm sure the odd resit is fine, maybe you just had a bad day first time around. I could be wrong though!
Reply 34
damn-let me show off module results!
No probs :smile: egyptiancat and knogle!
Reply 36
well, thanks for all the info anyway guys! if anyone finds anythin else out then please feel free to post it on here :smile:

Latest