Will I get an "A" overall? GCSE French. AQA.

Watch
DavidMarshall96
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I am taking AQA GCSE French. I have a very high "C" on coursework, yet want to get a high "B"/"A" overall. If I get two A*s on my R&L, will I get an "A" overall?

I have been practicing French papers. Yesterday I got two As and today one mark off an A*. They were listening. I am good at listening but **** at reading.
Data
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DavidMarshall96)
I am taking AQA GCSE French. I have a very high "C" on coursework, yet want to get a high "B"/"A" overall. If I get two A*s on my R&L, will I get an "A" overall?

I have been practicing French papers. Yesterday I got two As and today one mark off an A*. They were listening. I am good at listening but **** at reading.
Speaking controlled assessment is worth 30%
Writing controlled assessment is worth 30%
Reading and listening exams are 20% each.

The mark you have for speaking may be changed by moderation, the writing mark is only your teacher's estimate, but if they are both high Cs, that would give you about 62/90 on each = 124/180.

To get an A overall you need 240/300, so you would need 116/120 on the exams. So, theoretically possible but (sorry) highly unlikely.
DavidMarshall96
(Original post by Data)

The mark you have for speaking may be changed by moderation, the writing mark is only your teacher's estimate, but if there are both high Cs, that would give you about 62/90 on each = 124/180.

To get an A overall you need 240/300, so you would need 116/120 on the exams. So, theoretically possible but (sorry) highly unlikely.
Thanks
DavidMarshall96
(Original post by Data)

The mark you have for speaking may be changed by moderation, the writing mark is only your teacher's estimate, but if there are both high Cs, that would give you about 62/90 on each = 124/180.

What to get a "B"?
Data
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DavidMarshall96)
What to get a "B"?
210/300.
DavidMarshall96
(Original post by Data)
210/300.
What grades?

IS THAT POSSIBLE?!
flimbys101
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do you think you could help me out?

In my Orals, i got a middle B overall. Then in my writings i've got a high A or a low A*.
Me and my teacher went through the papers and i think i git 27/40 in the listening and 32/45 in the reading. What grade will these get me at the end?

Thanks very much, really apppreciated
Archengsculp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
how did everyone find the listening & reading? I'm hoping for at least an A in french - got Low A* and A* for my writings, A/B's for speakings
flimbys101
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey, umm i got the same as you in the courseworks, i didnt really like the listening, but the reading was good i thought. What about you?
rishav
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey,
In my CA's I got around 29,29,29,27
what would i need in order to get an a*?
thanks
Kassey01
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Data)

The mark you have for speaking may be changed by moderation, the writing mark is only your teacher's estimate, but if they are both high Cs, that would give you about 62/90 on each = 124/180.

How can you get something out of 120 on the exams when the foundation tiers together are out of 70 and for the higher tier 80?
Kassey01
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What are the marks do I need for a C overall in French? For June 2012, I know I got C's in my speaking and maybe B's in my writing and i'm obviously not sure about what I got in the reading and the listening.
Data
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kassey01)
How can you get something out of 120 on the exams when the foundation tiers together are out of 70 and for the higher tier 80?
The raw mark is converted to a UMS mark and that is the result you get. The max UMS for each exam is 60. (The max you can get if you did the Foundation tier will be 41 or 42).
Data
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kassey01)
What are the marks do I need for a C overall in French? For June 2012, I know I got C's in my speaking and maybe B's in my writing and i'm obviously not sure about what I got in the reading and the listening.
You need at least 180/300.
maryam77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got a high 'c' in my coursework n sat the foundation paper which was easy peasy, so probs getting a high 'c' in my exams worth 40%. Any chance I could get a 'b'?
Data
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by maryam77)
I got a high 'c' in my coursework n sat the foundation paper which was easy peasy, so probs getting a high 'c' in my exams worth 40%. Any chance I could get a 'b'?
Not really, if you have got Cs in all your units then you will get a C overall.
maryam77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really but what if they were all high c's and only few marks of a b for the coursework, is there no chance, depending on how well I did on the exams?
maryam77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is it possible, anyone?
username1214455
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can I ask about my chances too?

Speaking 1-High A
Speaking 2-High B (Damned teacher stopped me mid answer on my best question, I shall never forgive you...)
Writing 1-Two marks off A*
Writing 2-One mark off A*

If I now got an A* in one paper and an A in the other (because the higher listening was ridulously hard), what grade would I get?
username1214455
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(del)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (401)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.68%

Watched Threads