Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    And i hate when people where smart trousers and slippers/ sandals.

A nice pair of jeans and leather slippers are cool and can be pulled off but i hate the whole proper smart pants idea with gaudy sandals!

(Original post by Clart)
    Vince Noir can pull off a poncho :P
    You're right, actually. He could make anything look cool and fashionable.

But the thousands of girls who walked around in them... no. No way.

ReputationRep:
    Middle-aged women trying to fit in with the younger generation by imitating their dress-habits... don't they realise that they're just embarrassing themselves?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    anything that jordan would wear
    Yeah, she rarely gets it right!! Its just scary...What I think is a fashion faux pas? Having your thong on show....above your jeans or whatever. I've seen it before, they bend over and its like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek: Do not do that!!! Especially if they are...erm..on the larger side.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by locutionatoress
    Middle-aged women trying to fit in with the younger generation by imitating their dress-habits... don't they realise that they're just embarrassing themselves?
    They make me feel embarrassed too!!! This is why I won't buy fishnet or diamond tights because I've seen middle-aged teachers at my school wearing them!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Theres a teacher at my school who must think shes still only 20...the things she wears sometimes and shes actually about 50!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    Footless tights, "salmon" coloured T-shirts, Converse shoes, sandals on men to any degree, anything navy blue in colour, clothing with idiotic slogans (about a year ago, I counted 12 people in a shopping centre wearing the word "Duffer" across their chests)...

duffer is a brand name, duffer of st george?, its not like those ****** french connection tops people used to (still do) wear.
    extremely expensive and extremely nice collections, its only the hoodies that are abit chavvy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclearbuddha)
    Personally I think ponchos look AWFUL, and I know they're out of fashion now but when they were in my eyes were rather offended.
    I have NEVER seen anyone look good in a poncho, especially those huge wooly ones, yuk! If anyone can prove me wrong though....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)
    Converse shoes are out, as they've become so mainstream. But i like the style, so have a pair of fake ones haha! They were about 1/3rd the price also.

Um, i hate the bandana and cap affair like most rappers. Also i think the bling bling look with all kinds of glittery crap all over men looks really kitch!

Also i hate those fake poser goth shirts that combine black and pink and then the guys who wear them think they're hardcore!

No offense to anyone btw...
    converse shoes were never in so how can they be out?
    converse are and have been the most bought shoe for years, but i wouldnt exactly ever say they are in fashion
    fashionable maybe

anyway, i cant stand the fact that the whole scenester fashion is in fashion, like tight jeans and stripy tops. it looks stupid, i also hate the fact that tards like pete doherty and arctic monkeys are raved about, as if its fashionable to like sweaty *******s that cant even speak properly. they write mediocre songs at best and certainly cant dress themselves.

wooh, that felt good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belle_27)
    I don't mind jeans tucked into boots, did it today myself to show off my boots. I was starting to feel confident in what I wear again till I walked into lunch and someone in my class started falling about in hysterics. I pulled them out at that point

I prefer people to do that look naturally ie. proper jeans not skinny tucked into boots. I hate skinny jeans, I just can't stand the jean material showing EXACTLY what your legs look like so it means I hate seeing it on other people. But most people think the jeans and boots thing has to be done with skinny jeans otherwise it doesn't look right but before skinny jeans no-one cared! Though it was only a couple of people who laughed, most people thought I looked nice but I just didn't feel able to carry it off after that
    Ignore them, they obviously have no sense of style. Jeans tucked into boots look awesome!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beach_surf_babe)
    Yeah, she rarely gets it right!! Its just scary...What I think is a fashion faux pas? Having your thong on show....above your jeans or whatever. I've seen it before, they bend over and its like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek: Do not do that!!! Especially if they are...erm..on the larger side.
    Indeed - thongs showing are never good on a 'lady'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antics)
    converse shoes were never in so how can they be out?
    converse are and have been the most bought shoe for years, but i wouldnt exactly ever say they are in fashion
    fashionable maybe

anyway, i cant stand the fact that the whole scenester fashion is in fashion, like tight jeans and stripy tops. it looks stupid, i also hate the fact that tards like pete doherty and arctic monkeys are raved about, as if its fashionable to like sweaty *******s that cant even speak properly. they write mediocre songs at best and certainly cant dress themselves.

wooh, that felt good
    I found converse shoes to be more integrated into the mainstream fashion industry after the reviving of the american skate/punk industry. Like now people wear them all the time, even after Seth on the OC (Jesus the amount of fashion/ the type of look that he has inspired! ). So yeah i think they're more in fashion now than they ever were before. I used to pride myself when i was one of the few people in school who used to like them.

ReputationRep:
    Converse are perfect...a timeless classic.

I hate ponchos but there're not many people who are still stupid enough the wear them anymore thankfully. I HATE HATE HATE gold chav chains. And of course there's the item that NO ONE in the entire world can away with, because they somehow manage to illuminate the tiniest amount of fat, they manage to make anorexic models look like they have tree trunks for thighs... leather trousers yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck. You might as well just sellotape black rubbish bags tightly around your thighs...oh my god they are so awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demonbuttercup)

I hate ponchos but there're not many people who are still stupid enough the wear them anymore thankfully. I HATE HATE HATE gold chav chains. And of course there's the item that NO ONE in the entire world can away with, because they somehow manage to illuminate the tiniest amount of fat, they manage to make anorexic models look like they have tree trunks for thighs... leather trousers yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck. You might as well just sellotape black rubbish bags tightly around your thighs...oh my god they are so awful.
    Good list. And I agree - Converse are wonderful, although I don't wear the pumps that every Tom, **** and Harry seem to be wearing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    Good list. And I agree - Converse are wonderful, although I don't wear the pumps that every Tom, **** and Harry seem to be wearing though.
    That's originally what i was trying to get at... Thank you for putting it in such an eloquent manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demonbuttercup)

Yes don't get me wrong, i agree... But they are becoming very common now (they weren't exactly common before in terms of being a 'fad or fashion' imo) hence i try and vary it up a little.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by dancingqueen
    Ignore them, they obviously have no sense of style. Jeans tucked into boots look awesome!!
    Thank you! Finally, someone who agrees!

ReputationRep:
    head to toe topshop or those footless tights everyone is wearing. silly big gaudy belts slung round the hips especially if they are of a coin design

(Original post by rashid1988)
    Yes don't get me wrong, i agree... But they are becoming very common now (they weren't exactly common before in terms of being a 'fad or fashion' imo) hence i try and vary it up a little.
    They've always been fashionable, really; when Bill and Ted were wearing them in the 80s everyone had to have them.

I hate Converses though.

ReputationRep:
    - Stripes (so out)
    - Footless tights
    - White jeans (I don't care how many mags think they're "hot")
    - Converse (SO overdone)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.