The Student Room Group

Is it normal for virgin girls to be really tight?

I am a virgin girl, and struggle to "play" with myself because it's just too painful to put even a finger up there.

The ONLY time I've ever been able to do it and enjoy it was when I used sudocreme to help things glide easier...I'm a bit worried as I do have a guy in my life now and am assuming he will try fingering etc before we have sex but part of me things it would be better to have sex first to try and stretch it out that way.

Anyone have any advice?
Stop using sudocrem as a lube. The instructions state that it is ''for external use only and should not be allowed to come into contact with the eyes and the mucous membranes'' which includes not putting it anywhere near/inside your vagina.

Please, please use a proper water-based lube from now on :sadnod: Something like KY Jelly
It's normal. I didn't even realise that I was 'tight' before my first time, as I was always able to use tampons, insert fingers etc. but it still hurt the first couple of times. After that, no problem whatsoever. If you were using a lubricant, maybe you weren't turned on enough and therefore not fully relaxed?

You could always work your way up from using your own fingers, to using a toy, if you think it will help. Like the person above said, use a proper lubricant and it will help.

If it worries you, just tell the guy when the right time comes, and he will be able to make it more comfortable for you.
Reply 3
i have been with some very tight girls and i have been with much looser girls and really has nothing much to do with the sex they have b4....

i used to sleep with a girl who had lost her virginity about 5 years b4 i slept with her and since the time she lost it, she was shagging every guy (or guys) in town and her vagina was really tight.... also i slept with another girl and it was her 5th time for sex and she was way way looser.... and the tight girl was a big larger than the small looser girl also.... so it has the tightness of your vagina almost has nothing to do with sex b4.

i have only ever slept with 1 virgin b4 and that was really tight the 1st or 2nd or third tries, but after that she was fine, so dont worry about anything, but if u want to loosen it up a bit try using a sex toy or if u cant get hold of 1, use the handle of your hair brush.... but if u still have got your hymen in tact, i would recommend u dont try it.
Reply 4
Yes, use something more vagina friendly as a lube (although it's also not ok to use with latex condoms, something like olive oil would be better than sudocrem if you cannot find a lube aimed at the sexual market...)

No, if a finger is problematic, going up a size is going to be painful. When you can have something smaller comfortably, then you can try something bigger.

He may try fingering, but remember that you're in charge of what goes inside you how quickly. If he's not learnt yet, he may also have funny ideas about what you will actually enjoy.
Reply 5
Tightness and how often you have sex actually don't equate, its a myth, you can sleep with a lot of people but still be naturally a bit on the tigher side, people just vary down there.
However, yes it is normal for virgin girls to feel tighter, especially if they're not used to something there or are expecting some pain. Its usually to do with the vaginal muscles being tenser due to nerves which makes them feel quite tight rather than them actually being tight, the more relaxed you are, the looser it will be and the more nervous you are the tighter you will feel and a lot of girls are nervous the first time, so it makes sense why a lot of virgins seem tighter. :smile:

Latest