The Student Room Group

Higher English Exam next week?..aw man.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fruitfan
Did anyone findthe 2011 close reading a bit harder ? Feel.like I'm gona fail now :frown:

Yeah I found it a little bit harder than before, there was a couple of pretty vague questions. But I did my intensive english studying back in int 2 4th year, so close reading is not a problem, I tried to study ti today but I couldn't bring myself to 1) I know it and 2) it's crap on the internet, I hate how they don't physically publish English papers, it really prevents me from regular studying of it.
Reply 21
Hey, anyone have any ideas of 2011 cut off's ? :smile:
Original post by fruitfan
Hey, anyone have any ideas of 2011 cut off's ? :smile:

if you search SQA 2011 grade boundries it will give you allt he official ones
Reply 23
Original post by ImagineThat95
if you search SQA 2011 grade boundries it will give you allt he official ones

oh I see. Thank you. What kinda grades is everyone hoping to get ? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
I'm so bad at English... I've never had anything better than a 15 in any of my essays :frown: I got exactly 60% in the prelim but tbh, I think it was a fluke.
anyone done romeo and juliet? i need help with one of my plans, i need a few quotes and what act/scene they are in

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2000564
Reply 26
If the minimum for an A is 70 % you would need to score 105/150
So im going for:
32/50 for my Writing Folio
35/50 for Close Reading
38/50 for Critical Essays.

I hope the grade for an A is lower this year too. :biggrin:

I'm okay for essays, quotes sorted, I can do around 3 questions for each of Prose, Poetry and Drama.
Just depends if the questions fit what I have studied. :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
hopefully they willl get lowered! last years int 2 was lowered to less than65% for an A so hopefully that happens again!!!
Pass for an A band 2 last year at higher was 64%, here's hoping because I didn't find the close reading 2011 past paper hard at all and levels change if papers are harder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending