The Student Room Group

Travelling America Summer 2013

Hi Everyone

My names Faye i'm 23 and from the uk.
I'm wanting to travel to have some fun in America in 2013 for possibly about 3-4 months.
I'm just looking to get in touch with some people who have traveled america before and can offer some ideas on the best places to go and also people who also want to travel around that time
The main places i want to go are NY, San Francisco and L.A

Would be great to have a couple of ideas or people to go with :smile:
Faye
Reply 1
Original post by faye_b
Hi Everyone

My names Faye i'm 23 and from the uk.
I'm wanting to travel to have some fun in America in 2013 for possibly about 3-4 months.
I'm just looking to get in touch with some people who have traveled america before and can offer some ideas on the best places to go and also people who also want to travel around that time
The main places i want to go are NY, San Francisco and L.A

Would be great to have a couple of ideas or people to go with :smile:
Faye

Hi, I went travelling with my boyfriend for almost 3 months last Autumn (from end of August to mid November) so I can try to answer any questions that you may have. I visited Los Angeles (downtown, Hollywood and Venice Beach/Santa Monica), Las Vegas, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Washington D.C., Orlando and Miami and we spent around £4000 each altogether (including all flights, other travel costs, accommodation, food, attraction tickets, etc).

You say that you hope to go for 3-4 months but you may not be eligible for a visa which allows this. Currently, the visa waiver system (ESTA) allows UK citizens to visit the USA for a maximum of 3 months, but I'm sure that this will be plenty of time to visit everywhere that you want to go :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for replying Emma.
Wow all those places sound Amazing.
£4000 is way less than i was expecting aswell :smile: With your accomodation was it hostels or hotels that you stayed in?

Yeah i looked into the visa after i posted and your right but as you say 3 months should be plenty especially with seeing how many places you fitted in. :smile: Roughly how long was you in each place you visited?

The main place i want to visit is new york, any things you could suggest of doing?

Sorry for all questions
Faye
hello Guys,
If you have planned to travel to North America, its great opportunity to reserve flights, car, hotels online by travelup.co.uk. If you want to save money try to get at least 15 days advance to travel date.
Compare flights to Orlando with favorite airlines as well as preferred class.

Quick Reply

Latest