The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Sunnyt
i got a higher national diploma in forensic science, law n psychology!, it is really good but realllllll HARD! its good in the sense that its academic as well as vocational there a levels r just academic, thats one thing oxford were really impressed! i already have 3 mini pupilages lined up for over the summer! ur supose to be lucky if u get 3 in ur final year!!!! i havnt even started yet!

Whats your secret!!!- i want some of it!!
Reply 41
Ladyluck
Whats your secret!!!- i want some of it!!

wat degree u doin n where?
Reply 42
Econ
Hey,

My applications didn't go fantastically. 3 offers and 3 rejections. I achieved straight A's at AS and was predicted AAA for A'level. Kinda expected to do a little better. Anyone else feeling a bit hard done by or had rejections they didn't expect? Any rejections from good universities despite a good application and grades?

*Oxford (AAA) (Rejection after interview in two colleges)
*Bath (AAB) - Rejection
*York (ABB)- Rejection

All for Economics. (E&M at Oxford)

As i'm now having to decide between St Andrews (4 years) and Manchester, i'm currently considering a gap year and reapplying next year in the hope my applications go a little better. Do you think this has been a particularly tough year for admissions or do you think it's a trend set to stay and i may be just as unlucky next year?

What would everyone else do?
Reply 43
Econ
As i'm now having to decide between St Andrews (4 years) and Manchester, i'm currently considering a gap year and reapplying next year in the hope my applications go a little better. Do you think this has been a particularly tough year for admissions or do you think it's a trend set to stay and i may be just as unlucky next year?

every year is going to be tough...and i seriously think its going to be tougher next year when more kiddywinkles get AAA...it sucks...there just simply isnt enough distinction at the top...i got AAB and i dont deserve it really....i really believe if i had done the exams 20 years ago i would have got at least one grade lower in each....

but on a positive not...york accepted me with AAB (im on gap)...so perhaps...just perhaps they are preferential to people who have already got the results??my academic achievement has never been anything hugely special....but if it goes wrong again next year- well you get even more fcuked....go to manchester....and if you do i'll prob see you there
*(didnt mean that notts admission tutor i really really love you and want to come to your uni)*
Reply 44
Econ

Next year will be even tougher (people avoiding top-up fees).

That said, it seems you've been disproportionately unlucky with your app this year, it might be worth it.

Latest

Trending

Trending