Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

In need of advice Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Im in a sort of dilemma.
    I am a private candidate and sat some exams in January to boost my grades up to A's, which, I managed to do. Later, I decided to enter myself for June 2012 exams, in the hope that I may just get an A* in one subject. I havent revised since January and tbh have no enthusiasm or motivation to do so either.

    Now my question is, I have firmed an offer at a university and they know that I have achieved A grades, they are just waiting for me to send them the certificates (which should be here soon), to make the offer unconditional.

    They do not know about my June exams, so I am worried that if I end up completely failing the exams, it will still take my best grade, but I will receive new result slips in August and new certificates in November. Would I then need to declare these to the univsersity?

    Ah, I wanted to cancel my entry but the deadline has gone.
    What do you suggest I do? Realllyyy not in the mood to get my books out -.-

    Since you're assuming your January results are higher than your pending June results, then the certificates from the Jan results will be the most important. However, they may want to see all your certificates from education?
    I'd contact the Uni, let them know about your situation and see what their advice is about it.
What is your favourite film genre?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.