The Student Room Group

Maths Functional Skills or Key Skills Level 2

Hey. i am going to do either key skills or functional skills in maths. although i was wondering if you get a certificate when you pass it on results day??
also whats the difference between the two?
Reply 1
The name is different.
Nothing is really different about them, they are worth exactly the same which is not a lot.
Yes, you also get a certificate.

It's important to know that although you may be told they are equal to GCSE in reality they are not.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by adam271
The name is different.
Nothing is really different about them, they are worth exactly the same which is not a lot.
Yes, you also get a certificate.

It's important to know that although you may be told they are equal to GCSE in reality they are not.

its just like a btec is equal to an a level, is the certificate in the same format as the other gcse ones?
Reply 3
Original post by Maxiinee
its just like a btec is equal to an a level, is the certificate in the same format as the other gcse ones?

Yea. Functional skills/key skills level 2 is supposedly equal to a single GCSE at C grade.
I can't comment on the format of the certificate without checking but yea, pretty much the same.
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't bother I did mine lvl 2 MATHS AND ENGLISH. been told there worth nothing at all unis I rang there more to help you up the C.V Que. I now have wasted two months. I'm applying for college to do my normal Gcse in math and English then applying for the further education/access programme. But they shouldnt be able to lie. Or at lest be honest and say nope these mean nothing in higher education aspects. Don't waste your time apply to a local well know college!!.
I was going to enroll for IT. But not any more. As there not getting me anywhere. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending