The Student Room Group

Who would win in a battle- Superman or Goku?

Poll

Who would in a fight Goku or Superman?

I'd say superman, he can freeze time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by trrr

Goku can use vegeta to morph into Vegito.

End.
Superman destroys buildings if he's careless in a fight.

Goku destroys the planet if he's careless in a fight.

:smug:
Reply 3
Goku. He keeps on reincarnating. Plus, kryptonite is pretty easy to figure out.
Reply 4
a pitbull
Reply 5
Original post by danny111
Goku can use vegeta to morph into Vegito.

End.

This. :biggrin:
Reply 6
pssh Gogeta nearly died from a clock because his durability is piss poor. Gogeta is also the most powerful character in dbz
Reply 7
secondly superman destroys space and time with a punch
Reply 8
Original post by trrr

That's not really one of Superman's powers, afaik. He can move at super-speed so that everything may seem slower, almost frozen to him, though.

And if people really want to argue power levels, it depends entirely on the writing of Superman.

For example, there's one issue of All-Star Superman where he is shown to be pushing against 200 quintillion tons with one arm, which is not the upper limit of his powers. The rest of this is me paraphrasing something I've read and doing a bit of my own [bad] math.

The average power level of an average man is supposed to be 5. Say the average man weighs about 80kg and can bench press his own weight. 1 ton = 907.18kg according to Google, so Superman can push 181,436,000,000,000,000,000,000kg, which is the equivalent of 2,267,950,000,000,000,000,000 average men and if each of those men has a power level of 5, Superman's power level (by DBZ standards) would be something like 11,339,750,000,000,000,000,000

That's not even the most powerful Superman. Golden age Superman was able to move an entire solar system, as an example.

According to Google, Gogeta's power level was 2,500,000,000 and though he may not be the most powerful in the DB story, he's not far from the top. So Superman alone, is the equivalent to something like 4,535,900,000,000 Gogetas.

Not to mention Superman's array of ridiculous powers, access to unworldly technology allowing him stuff like the ability to banish people to other dimensions and a genius level intellect and all sorts.

Original post by Logan
Goku. He keeps on reincarnating. Plus, kryptonite is pretty easy to figure out.

Superman has managed to come back from the dead, as well. Kryptonite may be his most obvious weakness, but it isn't his biggest. Besides that, it depends entirely on the setting. Kryptonite from one universe does not affect Supermen of another. There was a crossover event some years ago where a Golden Age reality breaking Superboy started wreaking havoc in the comics; they tried to use kryptonite on him, but it didn't affect him.

I'm not a massive fan of power levels, especially DBZ ones. But when it comes down to it, Superman is overpowered to hell and back and there'd never be a Goku vs Superman situation anyway; they'd bro up.

Edit: and boy do I sound autistic 14-year-old in this post.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Goku. Easily.
Reply 10
SS4 Goku with a kryptonite ring.
Reply 11
Original post by JJames
SS4 Goku with a kryptonite ring.

Has as much standing as saying Superman with access to all 7 dragon balls and wishing for victory/Goku's permanent death/whatever. Of which, Superman is more likely to achieve and figure that out first due to the whole super intelligence thing.

There's also the whole fair fight schtick Goku always plugs, which would require a few hundred billion of him, at least.

People massively underestimate the powers of bull**** made flesh and bone that is Superman.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Silverage superman can punch reality destroying gokus existence. Secondly Goku wouldn't be able to catch up to him. Silver age Superman is able to go so fast he can goback in time and travels light years in seconds. Literally.

He pulled a chain of planets with ease. There were about 6 or 7 planets. Goku couldn't do that. He doesn't and couldn't possibly have the strength.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Depends on which Superman. Goku can either stomp or gets stomped. This is coming from a huge DBZtard
Neither of them would agree to fight each other, they fight for justice.
I'm a Superman fan, but it turns out through reading the other posts that Goku would KAMEHAME HAA! Superman's ass. But if Superman is near the yellow sun he's near unbeatable.
Reply 15

Nuff said.
Reply 16
Original post by Tabris
That's not really one of Superman's powers, afaik. He can move at super-speed so that everything may seem slower, almost frozen to him, though.

And if people really want to argue power levels, it depends entirely on the writing of Superman.

For example, there's one issue of All-Star Superman where he is shown to be pushing against 200 quintillion tons with one arm, which is not the upper limit of his powers. The rest of this is me paraphrasing something I've read and doing a bit of my own [bad] math.

The average power level of an average man is supposed to be 5. Say the average man weighs about 80kg and can bench press his own weight. 1 ton = 907.18kg according to Google, so Superman can push 181,436,000,000,000,000,000,000kg, which is the equivalent of 2,267,950,000,000,000,000,000 average men and if each of those men has a power level of 5, Superman's power level (by DBZ standards) would be something like 11,339,750,000,000,000,000,000

That's not even the most powerful Superman. Golden age Superman was able to move an entire solar system, as an example.

According to Google, Gogeta's power level was 2,500,000,000 and though he may not be the most powerful in the DB story, he's not far from the top. So Superman alone, is the equivalent to something like 4,535,900,000,000 Gogetas.

Not to mention Superman's array of ridiculous powers, access to unworldly technology allowing him stuff like the ability to banish people to other dimensions and a genius level intellect and all sorts.

Superman has managed to come back from the dead, as well. Kryptonite may be his most obvious weakness, but it isn't his biggest. Besides that, it depends entirely on the setting. Kryptonite from one universe does not affect Supermen of another. There was a crossover event some years ago where a Golden Age reality breaking Superboy started wreaking havoc in the comics; they tried to use kryptonite on him, but it didn't affect him.

I'm not a massive fan of power levels, especially DBZ ones. But when it comes down to it, Superman is overpowered to hell and back and there'd never be a Goku vs Superman situation anyway; they'd bro up.

Edit: and boy do I sound autistic 14-year-old in this post.

You are amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest