Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sukh_b)
    Birmingham Uni is a very nice place.I dunno y people are slating it.Once in the main campus you cannot even tell your in Birmingham.The Uni is also well respected. Nightlife is good, theres plenty to do.
    But...
    Birmingham on the whole is a bit run down!Some very dangerous area's (like most cities).Its in the process of being regenerated (new Bullring Centre which is quite impressive) but those entering the uni this year probably wont benefit from the regeneration a great deal.I also cannot stand the accent!

P.S if your goin to visit try not to enter Bham through M6, or A38 express way.You'll get depressed before you even get to the uni!!!

^^^^i agree the m6 is very depressing,reminds me of ilkeston road in nottingham,a big instustrial ghetto

but for future brummie students heres what in the future

theres a 6 bilion pound learnig quarter which runs up the m6 and around aston uni

there will be a 180 million pound libary built there

shopping will improve even mre with the martineu galleries at 500 milion pound shopping complex

bridley place is a brilliant set of buildings that nearly finished,and alot of banks,busineses are moving there

plus a coupe of fancy sky scrapers are under construction

over 12 bilion will be spent on knocking down brums 1960s disasters and there are some very good buildings being constructed

its grim in parts but wont be soon

ReputationRep:
    can i just say scallies aint bad, only some of r ***** like you have fair share of ***** whether ur a goth, indie punk towny or watever so get over it

ReputationRep:
    there are loads of great shops in the bull ring- although there is a distinct lack of Fat Face.. anyway i like it and im not any of the things mentioned above eg scallie/kev etc...

ReputationRep:
    also, have all the people ****ging off birmingham actually ever been there??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    also, have all the people ****ging off birmingham actually ever been there??
    scallies? what are they?
    I will prob end up at Birm so i need warning!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.