The Student Room Group

Favourite Daily Newspaper

Scroll to see replies

hmmm metro and evening standard because i read them on the train.

I read the Guardian, Independent and BBC News. Like The Times but not being able to read it online is annoying, so I often only read it at the weekend as my parents buy it.

The Daily Mail, because of its sensationalism, is probably my favourite to read however........ the sad faces of all the wronged readers are something I look for. I do not agree with it's political slant at all, but it does make me lol!
The Telegraph, as it's most aligned with my political views. The Independent's alright once in a while.
Reply 62
Does nobody read The Herald or the Scotsman? :eek:
No one reads Daily Express, surprising given some of the posts we see on here.
Reply 64
Lmao at the amount of people who voted for The Times.

The Guardian and Independent it is for me (well, I read articles on their website rather than actual newspapers).
Original post by Rtcw
No metro?

This!
Reply 66
The Daily Mail PURELY because I find their website quite easy to read and I have a good laugh now and then. Plus to be honest, it's helping my analyzing skill to label all the bull**** that comes out of it. So about 99.9% of it.

Plus it brings me a small joy whenever I read the comment section slating the articles.
Reply 67
I alternate between The Daily Telegraph & The Daily Times. I sometimes get i just as a quick read in the afternoons.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm surprised at how unpopular the FT is... Is it because of the price?
Original post by Xhotas
The Daily Mail PURELY because I find their website quite easy to read and I have a good laugh now and then. Plus to be honest, it's helping my analyzing skill to label all the bull**** that comes out of it. So about 99.9% of it.

Plus it brings me a small joy whenever I read the comment section slating the articles.

Someone else! :biggrin:
I buy a hell of a lot of a lot of newspapers.

The Indy or the i for my British News, The Scotsman's my 'local' paper, I get the odd El Pais when I can be bothered to take the time to read it, and I read The National (a UAE Newspaper) because it's a pretty good place to catch up on news in the old country.
Reply 71
In the past it's been the Independent or the Times, but now it's the i :smile:.
I really like i . In my opinion it's got a great balance between the news you need to know and something you actually enjoy reading. I also love the size and the fact that it's stapled - far more convenient than the Telegraph for example.

If I happen to be on the train I often read the Metro. It's fun and gives you the gist of the main headlines.
Reply 73
From the creator of the poll, I'm amazed with all the Daily Mail support :/ :tongue:
Reply 74
I used to read the Guardian pre-2009 election but now I read the Economist and sometimes the Financial Times. I am surprised that there are more than one Financial Times readers on TSR.
The Guardian, though I also occasionally enjoy the Indy as well :smile:

the rest I avoid like the plague :tongue: wouldn't even wipe my rear with most of them in fact.
Reply 76
I read the guardian website but the only one I ever buy is i, mainly because its 20p

Also enjoy flicking through the economist/private eye/nature/spectator
I tend to read the websites of all the main ones.
Reply 78
I read The Times and The Telegraph most often. At the University library I sometimes read the media section of The Guardian, but avoid the commentary like the plague. Lloyd's list is good too, but I usually have to go to their website due to the difficulty of finding a print copy.
The Times, got used to reading it so like the layout, it's pedigree means it has its finger on the pulse of events, and (to me at least) seems impartial enough that I can read it without grinding my teeth or feeling like I have to decipher the real events from the bull**** slants (though it's not entirely perfect in this regard).

The opinion pieces can be interesting and there's a lot in there. Like that there is a section dedicated to world news.

Plus it seems to be cheaper on campus.

For online news I just use the BBC News website.

The rest of my news comes from TV news broadcasts (Channel 4, Sky news, etc) when I can be bothered, and other internet sites that discuss current affairs (which is always handy for getting links to sources independently of the media).

Quick Reply

Latest