Turn on thread page Beta

School mag watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what is the name of your school magazines, ours is trying to come up with a new upbeat name it is currently named the hazelwick mill any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    wooo hoooo for the mill
    edited by the FANTASTIC *drum roll* Mr Young!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    what is the name of your school magazines, ours is trying to come up with a new upbeat name it is currently named the hazelwick mill any suggestions?
    Our school's called Tiffins....so a coupla years ago there was a school mag called SNIFF IT...tiffins backwards....but i don't think it would work for you...it'd be.....llim kciwlezah.....sounds almost russian!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    wooo hoooo for the mill
    edited by the FANTASTIC *drum roll* Mr Young!
    and me and me and me im an editor hehe and not too sure about the russian thing hehe

ReputationRep:

what about something sad & cheesy like...'run of the mill' boom boom!

ReputationRep:
    We dont have a school magazine

ReputationRep:
    and me and me and me im an editor hehe and not too sure about the russian thing hehe
    ARE you???
    lol. i'm impressed.
    the last issue was about 3 years ago though. what's up with that?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say thats definitely a good thing for you to do, being the editor of a magazine, as you're interested in journalism and this provides you with some practise and experience first hand at writing articles to a given audience.

Good Luck with it.

As for the name, maybe ^mjg^ might come up with something "original" (ghetto style).....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    We dont have a school magazine
    We have a crappy newsletter that comes out 1nce every 3-4 months, but thats it, no magazine.

My school is complete sh*te

ReputationRep:
    Ours is called "The Mad Hatter". It's completely zany but very amusing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

My school is complete sh*te
    so is ours - you haven't seen the mill. (no offence fi)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Ours is called "The Mad Hatter". It's completely zany but very amusing!
    Were you the one who made thread talking about wanting to do English at Oxford uni?

ReputationRep:
    how about 'Parry's People' as a name???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Were you the one who made thread talking about wanting to do English at Oxford uni?
    Er... yes.... why?
    *panics*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    so is ours - you haven't seen the mill. (no offence fi)
    Least you have reasonable opportunities. (i.e. a magazine like every other school has)

ReputationRep:
    'Carpe Diem'

ReputationRep:
    SKOOLWIZ! check out my genius - or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Er... yes.... why?
    *panics*
    Just wondering, I thought I remembered reading the thread a week or so back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    'Carpe Diem'
    'Believe'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    hey bono! Have noticed you seem to ask people a lot of questions... tell me something about you!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.