Looking for a prom dress!

Watch this thread
EB1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hello!
My year 11 prom is at the end of June & I am struggling to find a dress.
I had a look at a few places but everyone keeps talking about finding a dress & 'falling in love' with it, I just haven't
If you know any shops/websites that would be great!
username807367
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
I got mine for last year on ebay. Brand new custom made for me in a colour I chose. It's worth a look, filter it to new and you can pick styles and colours, there's so much choice
Abi24
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EB1995)
Hello!
I had a look at a few places but everyone keeps talking about finding a dress & 'falling in love' with it, I just haven't
What's your budget? A friend of mine runs www.stardustboutique.com and she has dresses from £20 up into the thousands, depending on the range and style.

ETA: She has way more dresses in store and on her facebook "Star Dust Dresses"
lilyxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Try forever unique just google it x
Saralouise95
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I got mine from a website online that has a massive range and it wasn't too expensive either. Google 'e dresses global' and its the first result
Almond
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Try www.sexyher.co.uk they've got plenty of prom style dresses.
Abi24
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Almond)
Try www.sexyher.co.uk they've got plenty of prom style dresses.
So they basically rip off designs from the top brands like Jovani and Flirt, without showing photos of their finished products and using photos from the original designers?

Yeah...OP Beware of that...
cupacake
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EB1995)
Hello!
Not sure what's your budget but here's a selection:

http://www.friendlyfashion.co.uk/clo...-stilish-dress
http://www.friendlyfashion.co.uk/clo...il-black-dress
http://www.friendlyfashion.co.uk/clo...sh-black-dress
http://www.friendlyfashion.co.uk/mem...kitoka/clothes
http://www.friendlyfashion.co.uk/clo...-flouncy-dress

Hope that helps!
Ma-Rine
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I found mine on ASOS (surprisingly) ! I even got a student discount .

I also saw many lovely dresses in the house of fraser but they are expensive ..
hanaxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
mine was from Karen Millen!
you could try look on shop style.com
it groups alsorts of websites together so you can easily browse by brand,colour,keyword etc
or there's an app if you have an iPhone

oh & tedbaker has a gorgeous yellow maxi dress and if I wasn't too old for a prom I would so be wearing it!
Almond
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Abi24)
So they basically rip off designs from the top brands like Jovani and Flirt, without showing photos of their finished products and using photos from the original designers?

Yeah...OP Beware of that...
I've been in the shop and tried the dresses on and they are as shown in the pic.
Abi24
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Almond)
I've been in the shop and tried the dresses on and they are as shown in the pic.
Doesn't mean they're genuine Jovani, Sherri Hill, Flirt etc. Definitely not at those prices.
ElizabethTurner
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Try http://www.promtimes.co.uk/prom-dresses.html This is a collection of over 3000+ prom dress.You will definitely find one that hits your heart.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (57)
18.94%
The paper was reasonable (112)
37.21%
Not feeling great about that exam... (87)
28.9%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
14.95%

Watched Threads