Why do people think briefs are gay ?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
shanej13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Why do people think briefs are gay ?, like in school i get called for wearing them and i am 15, what do you think about them
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
**** the guys who call it gay because it's not. (not literally of course)
They're fine. You should be confident in what you're wearing, when briefs become more popular you'll see them wearing it.
eff01
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gay? I just thought people associated briefs as being really old style of underwear. Bro if you want to wear briefs, wear them.
Double Agent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It sounds more gay for other guys in the changing room to be checking out your underwear and suggesting they aren't in style.
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Underwear is not capable of a sexual orientation neither is it capable of revealing your sexual orientation. Ignore immature children and wear but you find most comfortable because that is what underwear is for
jfinney94
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by shanej13)
Why do people think briefs are gay ?, like in school i get called for wearing them and i am 15, what do you think about them
Most people wear briefs when they are younger, but then eventually go towards boxers. Try boxers they are much more comfortable.
Classical Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My personal experience with "briefs" with adults is that people who wear "briefs" are always really keen to show off their equipment.

I know a lad who wears briefs a lot. I went into the changing room and he was just sitting there naked and he had dilberately manipulated his penis so I could see his bell end below his legs. So wierd. That guy did get laid a lot though. Maybe there is something in it.......
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by shanej13)
Because 99% of Western 15 year olds are stupid.
najinaji
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
**** the guys who call it gay
:teehee:
umop apisdn
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Name:  HM-Unveils-David-Beckham-Underwear-Line-1.jpeg
Views: 728
Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  ck-underwear.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  cristiano-ronaldo-armani-underwear-ad-photo-500x540.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  45.0 KB

EWW get that gayness away from me! :rolleyes:
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by najinaji)
tpxvs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
its not gay. but it definitely wont impress the girls..
ct2k7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tpxvs)
its not gay. but it definitely wont impress the girls..
Now you make it sound like some sort of parade :/
rainbow.panda
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Who cares? If you want to wear them then sod what everyone else thinks. Besides, I'd be questioning the sexuality of those who are staring at your pants in the changing rooms.
Ice Constricter
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I heard someone call them 'hotpants' once.
randomsheep11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Here's my presumption. Briefs look great if you have the body for it (such as the photos posted above). However, you need to look really manly to not look feminine. You see, in fashion, men rarely show off their upper-thighs. It's an area that is often seen as highly attractive in women. For example, women wear things like leotrards, female swimsuits etc don't they?

I mean, straight men don't typically show off their upper-thighs, hence why they never wear hot pants or short-shorts.

They may also think "it's gay" since it may look like you're revealing a lot of your body, almost as if you're sexualising yourself to them and impress them. Of course, this isn't your intention, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is over 6 years old. OP is a 21yr old adult now and probably no longer cares what school children think of his clothes. Check thread age before replying people!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.2%
I'm not sure (59)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (380)
29.32%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.85%
I'm not a current university student (636)
49.07%

Watched Threads