AQA A2 History - Unit 3A - The Angevin Kings of England

Watch
Hugh*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Is there anyone else out there thats doing this module other than my class?!

Unit 3 is horrible, 90 marks in 90 minutes. This is by far the hardest exam I've got all summer.
imon1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hugh*)
Is there anyone else out there thats doing this module other than my class?!

Unit 3 is horrible, 90 marks in 90 minutes. This is by far the hardest exam I've got all summer.
im doing this. how are u going about revising? and grade boundaries seem really low for some reason!
tasha_a
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing The Changing Position of Women and the Suffrage Question and i do not have any helpful notes on this topic. I'm stressing out because I also have to revise psychology but I know very little about the women suffrage. If anyone is willing to send me their notes on this topic, I would be very grateful!! Please!!
Hugh*
Rep:
?
(Original post by imon1)
im doing this. how are u going about revising? and grade boundaries seem really low for some reason!

Oh there is someone! Haha I literally thought our class were the only ones.

I'm just revising by looking through the key aspects of each of the three king's reigns. WBU?

Yeah the boundaries are around 65/90 for an a* its crazy... but that just suggests thats its insanely hard to get marks on this paper!
username432156
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hugh*)
Oh there is someone! Haha I literally thought our class were the only ones.

I'm just revising by looking through the key aspects of each of the three king's reigns. WBU?

Yeah the boundaries are around 65/90 for an a* its crazy... but that just suggests thats its insanely hard to get marks on this paper!
Meh I'm just making essays for the key areas and memorising them. On a side note, what questions could come up regarding Henry II reign, besides anything to do with Becket?
Blob2491
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey, I just wanted to ask, how is AQA A2 History?
My teacher already told us if we're carrying on history we'll be doing Russia
username432156
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Blob2491)
Hey, I just wanted to ask, how is AQA A2 History?
My teacher already told us if we're carrying on history we'll be doing Russia
Russia's ok not that hard if you do it properly
Rhee_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm really hoping there aren't any questions on King John (except his quarrel with the Pope)
username432156
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rhee_x)
I'm really hoping there aren't any questions on King John (except his quarrel with the Pope)
Why? Im expecting there to be on why John lost normandy/who benefited from the consequences of papal conflict
Rhee_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Zainchawdry)
Why? Im expecting there to be on why John lost normandy/who benefited from the consequences of papal conflict
Our teacher kinda skipped over it all and I just find it so confusing with all the military stuff (with Bouvines and other battles etc). I much prefer Richard and Herny. My favourite topics are Eleanor and the Jews though, so I'm hoping one of those comes up as the breadth question.
Hugh*
Rep:
?
Topics assessed on the previous papers are:

-Becket & Henry's quarrel (2010,2011)
-Rise of anti-semitism (2011)
-How successful of a king was Richard (2011)
-Eleanor as queen of England (2010)
-Magna Carta a baronial reaction to king John (2010)
Rhee_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a feeling Eleanor may come up again (I'd hope so) as the breadth question, or alternatively, the church over the whole period.

I don't think Richard will come up again (shame as I like him best)

Anybody else got any ideas? What about the legal reforms? I hate those but they haven't been asked yet...
username432156
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1) In terms of legal reforms, they could ask how much of henry's reforms were simply a restoration/continuity of Henry I reforms.
2) They could ask whether John's loss of Normandy was due to his poor decisions/or external constraints
3) They could ask who benefited the most from the consequences of Johns papal conflict
4) They could ask what was the reason for the Beckets quarrel
5) They could ask who benefited from Beckets quarrel
6) They could ask whether Richards success is only limited to 'x' (military for example)
7) They could ask does John deserve his nickname of Lackland/Softsword
Rhee_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1) In terms of legal reforms, they could ask how much of henry's reforms were simply a restoration/continuity of Henry I reforms.
2) They could ask whether John's loss of Normandy was due to his poor decisions/or external constraints
3) They could ask who benefited the most from the consequences of Johns papal conflict
6) They could ask whether Richards success is only limited to 'x' (military for example)
Aren't Number 1 and 7 too narrow for 45 marks?
Becket came up the past 2 years and the specimen, I don't know if this is a sign that the church is always likely to come up, or that they might change to something else this year.
KnowstheLaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey I'm doing this exam too. I reckon something about William Marshall and chivalry might come up? I really hope Henry II and his legal reforms comes up somewhere. I don't mind if they ask about Becket again personally, but I would despise it if they asked about the crusading zeal and anti antisemitism - I find that part of the course by the far the most dull and boring.
username432156
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
William Marshal? **** I've done nothing on him! Its not in the syllabus though... the only thing in the syllabus close to that is "The role of Hubert Walter"
Rhee_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by KnowstheLaw)
Hey I'm doing this exam too. I reckon something about William Marshall and chivalry might come up? I really hope Henry II and his legal reforms comes up somewhere. I don't mind if they ask about Becket again personally, but I would despise it if they asked about the crusading zeal and anti antisemitism - I find that part of the course by the far the most dull and boring.
A whole essay on William Marshal? I could not do that...
I hope the legal reforms don't come up I hate them, so boring.

I wouldn't mind Becket/Innocent either, I figure they might ask about one or the other because the Church seems such a big topic.

Haha, Jews and crusading zeal are my favourite topic! I doubt it would come up again but I would be so happy if it did.
username432156
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't worry i highly doubt anything on William Marshal will come up, especially since there is NO mention of him in the syllabus. I would revise the role/importance of Hubert Walter.

I've revised eleanor and was thinking that if an essay does come up on her, it will most likely be how powerful she was/wasnt.
Rhee_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Marshal is on the syllabus, he's under Richard with 'the roles of Prince John and William Marshal' but I don't think he'd be enough to have an essay solely on? Maybe as part of one but not as the main part of the title?

I would love Eleanor to come up! Yeah she came up in 2010 and that was about her influence, so if she comes up it would probably be something similiar as thats the only question to ask on here really.
KnowstheLaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rhee_x)
A whole essay on William Marshal? I could not do that...
I hope the legal reforms don't come up I hate them, so boring.

I wouldn't mind Becket/Innocent either, I figure they might ask about one or the other because the Church seems such a big topic.

Haha, Jews and crusading zeal are my favourite topic! I doubt it would come up again but I would be so happy if it did.
We'll just have to see I guess. If they ask a question like 'How successful a king was Henry II?', I will be a very happy man. Also, wouldn't mind if they asked another question on the Magna Carta!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads