The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I cannot be the only one!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Haha, I can just see you going to your first lecture, and it's just this one creepy looking professor and an empty lecture hall.

:p: Nah, just wait a bit longer, I know at least 4-5 people who are going to be doing Modern Languages at St. Andrews.
Reply 3
thanks, could be an interesting five years if i'm the only one!
so is St'As your first??
Well, i'm very much hoping to be coming to St Andrews for mod langs (French, Spanish and linguistics WIYA) but the problem is I'm rather lacking an offer at the mo! It's the last uni I need to here from, so hopefully they'll get a move on. Until then I'll just keep checking track every day!
Maybe I'll see you in September!
Absolutely- it's my firm choice, and my conditions of entry are alot lower than my current mark, so I should be fine.
Reply 6
lingolicious, good luck!! hope i see you too, or else, like birkstopher says, it will be me and a creepy professor all on my own!
Reply 7
I got an offer for a B in a Advanced Higher for the Russian/French WIYO course but I'm not accepting. I'm off to good old Glasgow!
Hey!
Have accepted an unconditional for French, Spanish and Management. Will see you all there!!!
Reply 9
Sorry for hijacking, but I don't want to start a new thread and this question is related to languages ... I've got in for Modern History, but I really want to do a year abroad in Spain, and they told me that I have to be taking Spanish classes to be able to go. How hard will it be for me to get into the Spanish course? Any Americans have a general idea on what AP score might be required? Thanks!
Reply 10
DeDe, i think, tho don't know this for sure, but you have to add extra modules onto your course, if your extra module was spanish then your sorted, however its apparently not what grades you need to get onto it but wether it clashes with other subjects. can't remebers the precise page of the top of my head, but in the prospectus there is a page with a module diagram, think it says it there!
hope thats a help!
fille française
Hey!
Have accepted an unconditional for French, Spanish and Management. Will see you all there!!!

Congrats!!! Did you get your offer on track or in post first?
Got it on track first on about the 23rd dec and got the letter bout mid january. Took my a while to decide for sure tho.
Reply 13
blondemoment
DeDe, i think, tho don't know this for sure, but you have to add extra modules onto your course, if your extra module was spanish then your sorted, however its apparently not what grades you need to get onto it but wether it clashes with other subjects. can't remebers the precise page of the top of my head, but in the prospectus there is a page with a module diagram, think it says it there!
hope thats a help!

Thanks! I'll check it out.
Looks like I'll see you guys in September :biggrin:
Got mine yday - french and spanish. woo hoo!
Oh I'm so jealous of all these offers! Well done everyone though. Hopefully I'll hear soon as I'm pretty sure it will be my firm if I do get an offer. Still feverishly checking track...
:frown: No offer even on March 22nd? Brutal- my sympathies... But look at it this way: you'll hear from them in less than a week, because the deadline for decisions is the end of March.
Congrats vicious circle! Am sure you'll get your soon lingolicious. Will see you all in September!
Reply 18
Well done every one!!! will hopefully see you all there!!:wink: :deal:

Lingolicious thats WELL harsh, ring them up and peseter them!!
Lol, I may well do! Except I'll give them another week seeing as I'm off skiing tomorrow so if there's still nothing when I come back...well it's not going to be a happy person on the end of the phone!
I've decided I'm going to the open day on 19th April though, because if they reject me I'll just reapply next year. Anyone else going?

Latest

Trending

Trending