This discussion is closed.
cheesy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi all - Ive applied to do physiotherapy at Leeds Met and Bradford. I have found out today that I have been rejected from Bradford - still waiting to here from Leeds. Apparantly Bradford interview for every place so Im a bit gutted that I didn't even get an interview. Has anyone else heard from either of these uni's for physio? Leeds Met don't interview anyone so not feeling too confident..........
giddychick
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got rejected from leeds met in january, they said it was because of random selection so if you havent heard anything id take it as a good thing!
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Anybody who gets rejected from leeds met isnt worth disscussing
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
bit harsh
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
bit harsh
you mean v. harsh!
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
you mean v. harsh!
yeah but i always say 'bit harsh' to something like that for some reason
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They got rejected from Bradford, not Leeds Met.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
They got rejected from Bradford, not Leeds Met.
Thats worse, by the way, i dont mean these comments as a personal insult to people, i'm just very elitist and see little point in people doin degrees which they only need cos everyone else is getting them
cheesy
What are you talking about? Bradford may be a *****y place but it has a good reputation for certain subjects including Physio and I applied there because I have just bought a house in Leeds so can't afford to travel very far - I've applied to do the degree because I want to be a Physiotherapist, it's nothing to do with what anyone else is doing!!!!!
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh dear, you're a ******. Such is life I suppose.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thats worse, by the way, i dont mean these comments as a personal insult to people, i'm just very elitist and see little point in people doin degrees which they only need cos everyone else is getting them
For some subjects Bradford is very good
For example it was top 3 last year for politics in the Guardian

http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...433143,00.html
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Corbra have some negative rep for being a stuck up snob.

Bradford is not the best university in the world nor is Leeds Met but I am sure many of their graduates have gone to do get very good jobs. Oh and Corbra if you're so elitist maybe you should learn a bit about English grammar.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
For some subjects Bradford is very good
For example it was top 3 last year for politics in the Guardian

http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...433143,00.html
Yeah and the average entry grade is 13.5 points in the old system i shall let that speak for itself as for the quality of student it attracts
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah and the average entry grade is 13.5 points in the old system i shall let that speak for itself as for the quality of student it attracts
Yes, because obviously the amount of A level points you have is an indicator of whether or not you are 'worth discussing'.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So if somewhere attracts students of lower grades it is obviously a bad institution?
Not bearing in mind factors such as Bradford itself (as in the place not the uni) doesnt have an attractive reputation and therefore wont attract everyone. If someone is local and has no desire to move, why shouldnt they do their degree at Leeds met or Bradford?
I know someone who is on for a good first who is going to do their postgrad at Bradford and why not?
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Yes, because obviously the amount of A level points you have is an indicator of whether or not you are 'worth discussing'.
Its an indicator of the general quality of student it attracts, which generally reflects on the universities reputation, i wasnt refering to the person i was refering to the university
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its an indicator of the general quality of student it attracts, which generally reflects on the universities reputation, i wasnt refering to the person i was refering to the university
Errrrrrrrr, "Anybody who gets rejected from leeds met isnt worth disscussing".

" "
cheesy
Are you at uni yourself cobra?
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
So if somewhere attracts students of lower grades it is obviously a bad institution?
Not bearing in mind factors such as Bradford itself (as in the place not the uni) doesnt have an attractive reputation and therefore wont attract everyone. If someone is local and has no desire to move, why shouldnt they do their degree at Leeds met or Bradford?
I know someone who is on for a good first who is going to do their postgrad at Bradford and why not?
Because they would get greater benifits in the future from a degree from a better uni if they can
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cheesy)
Are you at uni yourself cobra?
No, but hold offers from Durham, York, Leeds and Warwick for chemistry
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (2)
6.06%
Confident (5)
15.15%
Indifferent (1)
3.03%
Unsure (7)
21.21%
Worried (18)
54.55%

Watched Threads