The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F211 (Cells, Exchange and Transport) >< Post Exam Reaction

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
arghhhh, i made so many silly mistakes, i mean that breathing question is a trick question because its set out like a trace diagram so i put that he was breathing in between b to c instead of exhaling :s-smilie:
Reply 61
residual air one i just didnt know.
I left out the entire plant question...6 marks! I only did the sucrose and Phloem part. I also repeated myself over and over for the pressure one(only mentioned 1 point and expanded) and I forgot what homologous chromosomes were :colondollar: January retake, here I come!
Reply 63
ahhh totally didnt get that one then, i said something like the elastic fibres in the alveoli cannot recoil enough to force out all the air etc...

but what do you think the three marks will be for the homologous pair of chromosomes question?
Reply 64
is the paper / questions going to be released on this forum from a teacher or something? that wud be awsome :biggrin:

i HATED the whole pressure question :/

the grade boundaries are normally around 41-43 for an A and 36 for a B.. so losing 20 marks or so isnt that bad :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by olivia135
ahhh totally didnt get that one then, i said something like the elastic fibres in the alveoli cannot recoil enough to force out all the air etc...

but what do you think the three marks will be for the homologous pair of chromosomes question?

Yeah I was like where in the world are the 3 marks gonna come from.
I put they are genetically identical with the same alleles in the same loci and that they were found in the nuclueus.

Guess you could get marks for saying how they are homologous or identical..:confused:
Reply 66
Original post by SHAH :)
the question that was such a B**** about breathing. was it tidal or vital volume?

Tidal volume i think.
Original post by Jojophine
Tidal volume i think.

Yep, it was tidal volume.
Original post by billy06
is the paper / questions going to be released on this forum from a teacher or something? that wud be awsome :biggrin:

i HATED the whole pressure question :/

the grade boundaries are normally around 41-43 for an A and 36 for a B.. so losing 20 marks or so isnt that bad :smile:

Papers aren't put on the OCR secure website til results day apparently. Unless you find a hard copy from a teacher/a student posts it on here, sorry but no.
I did this paper as well today.. found it much harder than most of the past papers i've done! Could have gone a lot worse but could have also gone a lot better. Really didn't like the homologous chromosome question.. 3 marks?? :/
Reply 70
For the very last question I talked about enzymes and greater kinetic energy for the active loading of sucrose into the phloem... some of my friends talked about the greater kinetic energy making the sugar solution flow faster. Does anyone know what the last question was? I feel that the enzyme answer is too related to the second module.
Reply 71
Original post by GiantPanda
For the very last question I talked about enzymes and greater kinetic energy for the active loading of sucrose into the phloem... some of my friends talked about the greater kinetic energy making the sugar solution flow faster. Does anyone know what the last question was? I feel that the enzyme answer is too related to the second module.

I said the molecules in the sugar solution had more kinetic energy thus flowed out faster.

i got the very last bit at the highest temperatures wrong but apparently its because the membrane carrier proteins denatured thus active transport could no longer occur
Reply 72
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Papers aren't put on the OCR secure website til results day apparently. Unless you find a hard copy from a teacher/a student posts it on here, sorry but no.

ah ok :/

im hoping someone posts a hard copy on this forum.. ive seen some maths ones here before, how long does it usually take?
Reply 73
I think they should lower the grade boundaries this tym, the whole pressure question was flippin confusing.
If you've noticed though, one of the question was to "describe" where you had to use data, and the other one was to "explain", so i guess they just separated that to confuse us, evvil people.
It was a total of 11 marks, so that's what's gonna make us or break us!
It was concentrating on just two or three pages from the whole unit, it's soooo not fair!!!

What do you think the grade boundaries are gonna be like!!
Original post by elizt63
Ugh I hated this!
We all had varying answers for the last question:
I put that the increase in temperature increased membrane permeability and increased rate of reaction so more sugar made in photosynthesis...
My friend put:
Molecules have more energy which means more ATP is produced and more active transport occurs. Above 50degrees mitochondria denatured/damaged loading of sucrose ceases.
Blood pressure was majorly repeated and we both had beats per minute for the measurement of fluctuation.
I also got 12 breaths per minute :P

I put about enzymes in respiration, more ATP = more loading etc. They denature as temp gets too high. But I don't know if it's right, because enzyme/collision theory is F212 :/
Reply 75
Original post by Issy123
I preferred Jan 2012 by a mile!

But there were so many plant questions! :eek:

<3 x
Reply 76
Original post by LETSJaM
But there were so many plant questions! :eek:

<3 x

Not really! There was a lot of cell work in the Jan 2012 paper! And what came on plants (xylem and phloem) was fairly simple! But thats just my opinion :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by Issy123
Not really! There was a lot of cell work in the Jan 2012 paper! And what came on plants (xylem and phloem) was fairly simple! But thats just my opinion :smile:

There's the clinch. I don't like the sink stuff. I prefer human biology. :tongue:

<3 x
Reply 78
I thought the paper was quite straightforward!
I actually enjoyed the blood pressure questions :tongue:
Reply 79
I found the paper so hard. The Jan 2012 was so much easier :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending