The Student Room Group
ZimZim
Hellow fellow education followers or summit *sigh*
I got a physics project "How does the length of a piece of wire affect resistance?" and i REALLY need help
Its due in on Friday and it is now Wednesday and I hav no idea wat to do....anyone got any ideas or hints/tips?xXx

Hmmm, do you have a set of results? Did you do some preliminary work?
Reply 2
thefish_uk
Hmmm, do you have a set of results? Did you do some preliminary work?

Yea I got results...preliminary work...all the things that affect resistance...I just need to know how to set it out and what things I must include to get a relatively good mark :frown:
ZimZim
Yea I got results...preliminary work...all the things that affect resistance...I just need to know how to set it out and what things I must include to get a relatively good mark :frown:

Well... and I assume you're doing GCSE...

Have you got a plan yet? That's the first section. You need a diagram, method, equipment list, details on how to make it a fair test (identify variables, say which you'll keep the same and how) and a prediction. Also you need to have your preliminary results in there and show how they helped you decide on the range of readings to take.
Reply 4
thefish_uk
Well... and I assume you're doing GCSE...

Have you got a plan yet? That's the first section. You need a diagram, method, equipment list, details on how to make it a fair test (identify variables, say which you'll keep the same and how) and a prediction. Also you need to have your preliminary results in there and show how they helped you decide on the range of readings to take.

hmm ok...wat after that though? I have an idea that u gotta put how u could make it a better test in the evaluation thing...how COULD i make it a better test?
ZimZim
hmm ok...wat after that though? I have an idea that u gotta put how u could make it a better test in the evaluation thing...how COULD i make it a better test?

What our physics teacher did is deliberately give us crap equipment so there were loads of anomalous results and we had loads of problems but still got OK results.

How could you make it better? More repeats? A more fair test? A change of equipment?

Latest

Trending

Trending