The Student Room Group

Fitness FAQ - Fat/Weightloss/Bulking

Scroll to see replies

I dont know if this helps but you can check out this video on weight loss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_n4b08PqrA
Original post by ruban_s
I dont know anything about supplements, but I suggest doing running for the first two weeks or a much coupled with body weight exercises like press ups, sit ups and if you can pull ups....

then after that join the gym get your muscles bigger.

If you feel like you want to get a bit more ripped. then temporarily cut out gym and focus on running/boxing/sparring/cardio/judo/BJJ and you'll see yourself getting more definition almost three weeks after .

muscle size will not change much. Just ease ur self back into the gym... hope this helps.

I hate running thats why i do martial art, specifically BJJ... it makes you sweat a lot, so i tend to lose fat...

edit, running while weight training inhibits the growth of muscle...

Some of the things you've said here I'm not sure of. Sweating just means you're hot, and giving off water, you can be burning fat and not sweat. Also how will running inhibit muscle growth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
Some of the things you've said here I'm not sure of. Sweating just means you're hot, and giving off water, you can be burning fat and not sweat. Also how will running inhibit muscle growth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are studies that show that cardio after a workout can slightly inhibit muscle growth, but I really wouldn't worry about it. The effect that cardio is going to have on your 'gains' is minimal, people just read the title of a thread and make all their assumptions based on that.
I will achieve that through this exercises.
1 Burpees
2 Jumping Lunges
3 Jackknife Crunches
4 Lunges with Reverse Leg Raise
5 Jumping Squats
6 Push Ups
7 Side Planks with Leg Raises
8 Lateral Jumps
9 Mountain Climbers
10 Jumping Jacks

http://thelossweightway.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply