The Student Room Group

What are they going to do next?!?

I don't know if you heard about this (link here) , but Mr Blunkett is going to change his "terror laws" again so they can now listen into all our telephone conversations and record them, in case they are from terrorists. I love the way they say it's inevitable that there is going to be a terrorist attack, yet they don't have a clue where it's coming from, where and when. It's just the government taking away what little liberties we have remaining. It looks like George Orwell was only 20 years out on his prediction
Reply 1
G4ry
I don't know if you heard about this (link here) , but Mr Blunkett is going to change his "terror laws" again so they can now listen into all our telephone conversations and record them, in case they are from terrorists. I love the way they say it's inevitable that there is going to be a terrorist attack, yet they don't have a clue where it's coming from, where and when. It's just the government taking away what little liberties we have remaining. It looks like George Orwell was only 20 years out on his prediction

No more dirrty phone calls...not that I do :tongue:

No, seriously, thats a loads off balls.
Reply 2
Nothing new then, come on guys you don't seriously think all your phone calls are private anyway do you?
Reply 3
But they don't have a clue about terrorist attacks, these measures are not going to work. All it is doing is putting fear into the general public and taking away our liberties. We already have little liberties as it is, what more can they take away?
When I only wonder will Blairs government fall?
Reply 5
Daveo
Nothing new then, come on guys you don't seriously think all your phone calls are private anyway do you?

Yes, but not my phone calls I'm 13, the biggest thing we talk about is samantha losing her virginity for goodness sake.
Reply 6
Custard
Yes, but not my phone calls I'm 13, the biggest thing we talk about is samantha losing her virginity for goodness sake.

that was her name then.
Reply 7
The thing is, a terrorist attack is not really that difficult to plan, and they are quite unlikely to pick up anything by listening into every single telephone conversation in the UK. It's a waste of time.
Reply 8
All phone calls are monitored now anyway.
Reply 9
'
{ingnik']that was her name then.

Hmmm... I affectionately refer to her as slag, slut, titch, slappa etc. to her face yes, we have and an agreement
Daveo
All phone calls are monitored now anyway.

I'm okay with that...i mean my whole family has a tendency to listen to everything i say on the phone, so knowing that there are others really has no effect on me at all :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending