What are they going to do next?!?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I don't know if you heard about this (link here) , but Mr Blunkett is going to change his "terror laws" again so they can now listen into all our telephone conversations and record them, in case they are from terrorists. I love the way they say it's inevitable that there is going to be a terrorist attack, yet they don't have a clue where it's coming from, where and when. It's just the government taking away what little liberties we have remaining. It looks like George Orwell was only 20 years out on his prediction
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't know if you heard about this (link here) , but Mr Blunkett is going to change his "terror laws" again so they can now listen into all our telephone conversations and record them, in case they are from terrorists. I love the way they say it's inevitable that there is going to be a terrorist attack, yet they don't have a clue where it's coming from, where and when. It's just the government taking away what little liberties we have remaining. It looks like George Orwell was only 20 years out on his prediction
No more dirrty phone calls...not that I do

No, seriously, thats a loads off balls.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nothing new then, come on guys you don't seriously think all your phone calls are private anyway do you?
G4ry
Rep:
?
But they don't have a clue about terrorist attacks, these measures are not going to work. All it is doing is putting fear into the general public and taking away our liberties. We already have little liberties as it is, what more can they take away?
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
When I only wonder will Blairs government fall?
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Nothing new then, come on guys you don't seriously think all your phone calls are private anyway do you?
Yes, but not my phone calls I'm 13, the biggest thing we talk about is samantha losing her virginity for goodness sake.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Yes, but not my phone calls I'm 13, the biggest thing we talk about is samantha losing her virginity for goodness sake.
that was her name then.
G4ry
Rep:
?
The thing is, a terrorist attack is not really that difficult to plan, and they are quite unlikely to pick up anything by listening into every single telephone conversation in the UK. It's a waste of time.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
All phone calls are monitored now anyway.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
that was her name then.
Hmmm... I affectionately refer to her as ****, slut, titch, slappa etc. to her face yes, we have and an agreement
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
All phone calls are monitored now anyway.
I'm okay with that...i mean my whole family has a tendency to listen to everything i say on the phone, so knowing that there are others really has no effect on me at all :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (7)
63.64%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
18.18%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads