The Student Room Group

AQA French Listening 14th May

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what the entire higher French GCSE is out of ? also the individual totals and general grade boundaries?
E.g. Both Writings
Both Speakings
Reading
Writing
Added together total?
Original post by books28
not enough sugar so it was bitter :wink:

They'll most likely accept both then! :tongue:
The other part of the question, the female:

Was the envy of her friends - not she bought a game, not she stays at home playing games
Her opinion can be influential - not always positive, not unimportant

From what I understood, she worked in the office of a business that makes games. Her job is to test the games, which her friends are jealous of her for. If she says a game is good, then it's fine, but if she says that a game is bad, the person in charge may make some changes to make it better - so it can be influential.
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Yeah, that's what I thought it said. But surely then it's 'unimportant'?

I'm not sure, but i thought she said that if she has a positive opinion then it doesn't matter but if she has a negative comment they change something for her. I'm so confused about all the answers!!!
Reply 124
Original post by SinghSTAR
I'm pretty sure I heard in the Healthy Eating question, talking about the steak, 'c'etait trop gras' which I believe means it's too fatty/fattening. Nobody else seems to have put that answer?

For the Curry I said it was too fruity :colondollar: now I realised it was too cold. Looking back, I don't think I've ever eaten a fruity curry. :tongue:

The written questions were difficult. The Relationships one especially, although I made a couple of decent guesses: they had broken up and their relationship was bad at the moment; he was too clingy and wanted to see her too often; now he feels bad and wishes he could change things and wants to study but is not able to. Hopefully I can gain a couple of marks here and there.

Other than that, I think the paper was okay overall. :smile:

I put that bit about 'too fatty' too !! Yay :biggrin: I thought I was going crazy hearing 'gros' (fat) but now i feel a tiny bit better.... just hope its an acceptable answer!!
Reply 125
Yeah, that's what I thought it said. But surely then it's 'unimportant'?

If the game gets changed when she doesn't like something surely it would make it influential?
Reply 126
Original post by Duke
It was fairly straightforward, pretty certain I only dropped a few marks, what about you?

I agree, it wasn't bad at all. People doing the higher at my school thought theirs was horrible.

Hoping I get a high C so that if I do well on the Reading I'll get a good grade. What grade are you aiming for?
Reply 127
Ah same with me :'(

I put 'too greasy' for the steak
I put he worked in a furniture shop. And he makes sure everyone gets a good night sleep. I know that doesn't seem like it makes sense..but he said he checks the beds...

I think that he does make sure everyone gets a good night sleep but because he is testing the beds I do not understand how he could be in a shop which is already selling the beds anyway... If you understand what I mean :wink:
Reply 128
Original post by Nomes24
Does anyone know what the entire higher French GCSE is out of ? also the individual totals and general grade boundaries?
E.g. Both Writings
Both Speakings
Reading
Writing
Added together total?

Writing - 30%
Speaking - 30%
Listening - 20%
Reading - 20%
Reply 129
really hope that the, grade boundaries are low this year because this was a pretty tough exam in my mind... also, pretty encouaging to see that this was the case for most people!!
Reply 130
Original post by Nomes24
E.g. Both Writings
Both Speakings
Reading
Writing
Added together total?

Writings out of 30.
Speakings out of 30.

add your totals together, and multiply it by 1.5x, in my case I got 153 which is out of 180. (120x1.5)

then UMS on the reading and listening are both out of 60 so 180+60+60 is 300.

270 for a*
240 for a
210 for b
180 for c
Reply 131
To be honest, a lot of people seem to of struggled and found it hard, everybody in my class thought it was really difficult, and everybody seems to be stuck on the same questions, the relationships/holiday in the countryside. The grade boundaries will probably be lower if everybody has found it hard, so I wouldn't worry to much about it, just make sure you revise loads for the reading coming up this Thursday and do extra well in that, which will be able to bring up your overall mark if the Listening drags it down, although for nearly everyone I'm sure it won't, we all seem to of put similar answers or made mistakes in the same places, so the grade boundaries will hopefully be lower :smile:
Original post by iJon
If the game gets changed when she doesn't like something surely it would make it influential?

I'm really confused...

But if she doesn't like the game; her answer is ignored so why would it be influential?..
What did people put for the holiday one? For the daughter I said she didn't enjoy it (and protested all the time) because she couldn't get to sleep because of the noise from another school group.
And for the dad I said he was disappointed because he dreamed of walking in nature / doing more activities but he had to abandon this because there were too many people??
Reply 134
Original post by Antheran
I'm sure that there wasn't enough sugar in the tart as it what I heard was 'Il n'y a pas ....... sucre so I'm guessing there wasn't enough of it, did anyone get the same?

I put there wasn't enough sugar. :smile:
Reply 135
Original post by beth1995x
I put that bit about 'too fatty' too !! Yay :biggrin: I thought I was going crazy hearing 'gros' (fat) but now i feel a tiny bit better.... just hope its an acceptable answer!!

since it was 'gras' they will probably allow greasy/fatty etc :smile:
Reply 136
Original post by Allie J
I agree, it wasn't bad at all. People doing the higher at my school thought theirs was horrible.

Hoping I get a high C so that if I do well on the Reading I'll get a good grade. What grade are you aiming for?

I'm aiming for a B because I got pretty decent CA marks so I should get one hopefully :biggrin: French is definitely my worst subject though :tongue:
I'm really confused...

But if she doesn't like the game; her answer is ignored so why would it be influential?..

she said if she doesn't like something they adapt the game.
Original post by books28
I think that he does make sure everyone gets a good night sleep but because he is testing the beds I do not understand how he could be in a shop which is already selling the beds anyway... If you understand what I mean :wink:

Hmm yeah!

I think I looked into that question too much! :L
Reply 139
Original post by milworthy
I put the steak was rare because it said saignant or something like that?

Hey, there was a mention of "saignant" which was bleeding, it was probably one of the answers for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending