The Student Room Group

CompSci Traits

So, I was wondering whether there is any advantageous traits to have for a Computer Science applicant. For example, although not necessary, a mechanical engineer with good spatial perception will find themselves well suited to the degree. Is there such trait which will prove useful for someone studying CompSci?

Thanks in advance
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
So, I was wondering whether there is any advantageous traits to have for a Computer Science applicant. For example, although not necessary, a mechanical engineer with good spatial perception will find themselves well suited to the degree. Is there such trait which will prove useful for someone studying CompSci?

Thanks in advance :smile:

The singleminded pursuit of perfection; obsession to the point where your toenails start have become miniature slides and your hair has become its own ecosystem. :tongue:

Jokes aside, I think you will be stood in good stead if you have a strong mathematical and logical aptitude? Spatial awareness isn't bad to have either, if you are doing something involving graphics.

There is also a creative aspect to designing the interface of programs- like an artist designing a bust. However, that aspect is probably more important for the commercial side of things rather than the academic.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Basically Logic, Maths, and an interest in computers in general!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending