This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Rep Barbera Lee D-Peoples Rupublic of California seems to think so, accusing in a letter to Powell, Bush's administration of standing by while an elected government faces violent overthrow.

"People are dying, and our.......... failure to support the democratic process and help restore order looks like a covert effort to overthrow a government," wrote Lee.

What a crank!

I can't wait to see what she say's if Bush does send in some troops in......no, don't tell me, I can guess.....

"er.......People are dying as a result of our presense, and our interference in another country's affairs in the interest of pursuing our own agenda (blood for voodoo dolls?) looks like a blatant effort to impose our own imperialistic ideals"
Howard
Rep:
?
That thread went down well Howard. Good one. :rolleyes:
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm too sick to have an opinion. There is also the fact that I know jack sh*t about Haiti (other than the fact that it's dirt poor) but that's besides the point.
Howard
Rep:
?
(Original post by kildare)
I'm too sick to have an opinion. There is also the fact that I know jack sh*t about Haiti (other than the fact that it's dirt poor) but that's besides the point.
Well, it must be poor because of those imperialist American pigs and you must be a racist if you can't see that for yourself. Wake up man!
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Well, it must be poor because of those imperialist American pigs and you must be a racist if you can't see that for yourself. Wake up man!
Aye, just ship Papa Doc back in there to sort the problems out. He'll be sure to sort out all these whingers.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm suprised our friend Mr Wolfman has't posted on this subject, since his from there and he always likes to highlight the desperation of his life.
Even though I believe situation is very sad and I hope it is resolved soon, and not through violence and war.
Ronnie Raygun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
We always get blamed for **** like this.

Here I am...at work, just trying to pay my bills...put food on the table and people want to blame ME for what's happening in Haiti...?

**** you.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ronnie Raygun)
We always get blamed for **** like this.

Here I am...at work, just trying to pay my bills...put food on the table and people want to blame ME for what's happening in Haiti...?

**** you.
The forum is called UK Learing, hence it's a UK dominated forum, your gonna hear stuff like this all the time, so get used to it. Besides noone means you they mean our government and the louse in office at the moment, don't take everything so personally, and you'll find most of the people on here are quite nice.
Ronnie Raygun
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't give a **** if it is "UK". Are you saying that I can't express my views because I'm not from UK?

When you insult and attack my president unfairly, you insult me. And I have a right to tell you when you do. Our government is elected (yes, even Bush) by the people, you when you talk about "America" you're talking about ME.

To blame Bush for Haiti is completely absurd. If you want to attack president Bush do it fairly and keep you credibility...
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't give a **** if it is "UK". Are you saying that I can't express my views because I'm not from UK?

When you insult and attack my president unfairly, you insult me. And I have a right to tell you when you do. Our government is elected (yes, even Bush) by the people, you when you talk about "America" you're talking about ME.

To blame Bush for Haiti is completely absurd. If you want to attack president Bush do it fairly and keep you credibility...
In case you haven't noticed, I am an american aswell, and I'll say it again our president is a louse IMO. I never said not to express your veiws, I just think you may take what is said against the government abit too personally is all.
J.S.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Rep Barbera Lee D-Peoples Rupublic of California seems to think so, accusing in a letter to Powell, Bush's administration of standing by while an elected government faces violent overthrow.

"People are dying, and our.......... failure to support the democratic process and help restore order looks like a covert effort to overthrow a government," wrote Lee.

What a crank!

I can't wait to see what she say's if Bush does send in some troops in......no, don't tell me, I can guess.....

"er.......People are dying as a result of our presense, and our interference in another country's affairs in the interest of pursuing our own agenda (blood for voodoo dolls?) looks like a blatant effort to impose our own imperialistic ideals"
I agree with your point, but for a different reason. American does not interfere in the affairs of other countries to promote anything other than American interests. Everything else is irrelevant, including what happens to the infrastructure or the people of that country. This is rational; it's how any global superpower would act in an attempt to preserve and to increase its power and influence in the world. To certain people, it may seem immoral that American finance and sometimes even direct involvement leads to the slaughter of millions of innocent and sometimes not so innocent people. Naturally such people who think this *MUST* be communists, I mean what else would explain such a gross misunderstanding of American foreign policy? It's usually the case, that If you disagree with state propoganda, then you are, well, whatever goes down particuarly badly with the rest of the supporting population, i.e. in this case, a communist. This is entirely rational too. The best way to counter your opponents arguments is to discredit them in anyway you can and then to avoid even addressing any criticisms that they may have. The American state is particularly effective here, as you'd expect from a world leading superpower.
Howard
Rep:
?

Oh you sad, humorless, little man. Can you not see from my original couple of posts that this whole thread was designed as a joke. That right.....a "joke" Remember those? The things that make your lips curve upwards on one end of the scale and howl with laughter at the other, depending on how funny it was?

I cannot believe you are so dim-witted. :rolleyes:
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I wonder if there is a legal definition of "humour"
Ronnie Raygun
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Maybe it's just that you have a poor taste in humor....
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
I wonder if there is a legal definition of "humour"
no - anything that makes u chuckle or take stock of a situation is humour - satire and sardonism for me
Howard
Rep:
?
Maybe it's just that you have a poor taste in humor....
Or maybe it's just that you are thick.....
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

There's me thinking it was just a monkey in a suit masquerading as president.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
There's me thinking it was just a monkey in a suit masquerading as president.
Ahh, but monkey's have more intelligence
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i cant see how it's americas fault, or any other country, but is Bush thinks for one minute about sending troops in to haiti, he can kiss re-election goodbye. (if its not already gone)
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Bascally the yanks went in there once before (mainly so they could ship back the haiti refugees.)
Bush won't go in because a) public opinion and b) the haiti governemnt is quite leftie - he doesn't approve
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (7)
63.64%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
18.18%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads