This discussion is closed.
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Bascally the yanks went in there once before (mainly so they could ship back the haiti refugees.)
Bush won't go in because a) public opinion and b) the haiti governemnt is quite leftie - he doesn't approve
J
Yea, I read the Economist article on the issue this week, seems like a rather complex issue.
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
i cant see how it's americas fault, or any other country, but is Bush thinks for one minute about sending troops in to haiti, he can kiss re-election goodbye. (if its not already gone)
not a supporter of peace then? sorry, i should have guessed..you're(were) a deaniac.
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
not a supporter of peace then? sorry, i should have guessed..you're(were) a deaniac.
of course i support peace. I said if Bush even considers sending troops into Haiti, he wont get re-elected. You think i wanna hear all the reports of our soliders dying in a third strange country?

Also, Dean was against the war in Iraq, so he wanted peace.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but i was rather confused by your post.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
of course i support peace. I said if Bush even considers sending troops into Haiti, he wont get re-elected. You think i wanna hear all the reports of our soliders dying in a third strange country?

Also, Dean was against the war in Iraq, so he wanted peace.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but i was rather confused by your post.
dean wanted to appease the short term pacifists for a long term state of violence.

bush has already sent troops into haiti.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
dean wanted to appease the short term pacifists for a long term state of violence.

bush has already sent troops into haiti.
they mean haiti on whole, not a handfull of marines to protect the embassy
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Rep Barbera Lee D-Peoples Rupublic of California seems to think so, accusing in a letter to Powell, Bush's administration of standing by while an elected government faces violent overthrow.

"People are dying, and our.......... failure to support the democratic process and help restore order looks like a covert effort to overthrow a government," wrote Lee.

What a crank!

I can't wait to see what she say's if Bush does send in some troops in......no, don't tell me, I can guess.....

"er.......People are dying as a result of our presense, and our interference in another country's affairs in the interest of pursuing our own agenda (blood for voodoo dolls?) looks like a blatant effort to impose our own imperialistic ideals"
i am at loss for why you think its our fault. its not my fault.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
right thank you
v_for_vendetta
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
a) marines are troops

b) 50 existing marines plus a battalion of 100+ on standby off the coast
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by v_for_vendetta)
a) marines are troops

ok i meant if he trys to take over the capital and set up a new government, like afganistan and iraq
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by v_for_vendetta)
a) marines are troops

Do you have any idea how big haiti is? it's a dinky country, but not THAT small!
as i type the first batch of 100 are securing an airport to allow troops to arrive. in the end i should think there will be well over a thousand. tho not US i should think
J
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Whats the point of wondering if it was America's fault, they are just going to go ahead and do whatever they want anyway, they always do.

Jeez that sounded pessimistic!
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
i am at loss for why you think its our fault. its not my fault.
I don't think it's your fault.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (10)
71.43%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
7.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
7.14%

Watched Threads