The Student Room Group

Canadians Applying for UK Medical Schools

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Natalie21
That's exactly what I was thinking! Seems the only logical reason!

Knowing more about the program than both of you, I agree. St Andrews is in it for the money, idk what Alberta is in it for, but maybe for the doctors they don't have to pay money to train. The students are in it to graduate as doctors earlier and avoid the uncertainty of doing an undergrad and not getting into medical school.

Responding to an earlier post about practicing in Canada. If you are a UK national and did medical school and your specialty training in the UK you can pretty much avoid most of the hassle and come to Canada pretty easily. Definitely its easier for Family Medicine than other specialties.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by ukmed108
Knowing more about the program than both of you, I agree. St Andrews is in it for the money, idk what Alberta is in it for, but maybe for the doctors they don't have to pay money to train. The students are in it to graduate as doctors earlier and avoid the uncertainty of doing an undergrad and not getting into medical school.

Responding to an earlier post about practicing in Canada. If you are a UK national and did medical school and your specialty training in the UK you can pretty much avoid most of the hassle and come to Canada pretty easily. Definitely its easier for Family Medicine than other specialties.

Thanks a lot, I take it you still have to pass the mcqee? I think it's called :smile:
Reply 62
Good luck, Big Guy.

Don't forget to ask family. Make a deal with them that if they help fund you over the next 5 years, that you'll pay them back with X percent interest. It's better to give the money to family then to a bank or government.

All the best!
Reply 63
Hi, I am in my fourth year of an undergraduate degree. Do I need to include my high school marks? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending