The Student Room Group

Edexcel M1 16 May 2012 Post Exam thread - Paper and Solutions in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
oh i missed out the mg in the ball falls into the ground that question :frown: will i lose all 4 marks? :frown:
Reply 42
Looking at this, I may have dropped 7 marks. Pretty satisfied with that :smile:

Darn thrust!
Reply 43
how many marks would i get for 5.c. if i did it all except forgot about the 39.2N force? gave me the answer of 0.3136 rather than 0.316...
Original post by Extricated

:facepalm: Just what the rest of us need to hear.
Reply 45
Whee is the c1 paper?
Reply 46
Can't believe I didn't get 155 for T. Would i lose all 8 marks ?
Reply 47
68/75 but maybe some working out marks on the last couple of questions, not sure.
Reply 48
Looked through the answers

Should have it all right except for the tension and thrust parts of the last question. Disappointed I didn't get the tension. Can forgive myself for not getting thrust.

Worried I might lose marks for having 4sf in my answers for the time in Q5 where I put 2.988s and 1.298s
Reply 49
Original post by kanasaki
oh i missed out the mg in the ball falls into the ground that question :frown: will i lose all 4 marks? :frown:

Did the exact same thing. :frown:

Got the method completely right, but forgot the weight force acting downwards and just considered a resistive force of 5000N.
for the vectors question part d), would you be penalised for putting the distance in terms of j?
For the bearing, can you say 58 anticlockwise?
Reply 52
Hmm so I ****ed questions 5 and 7. But I think not counting the ones where you prove stuff, that's a B maybe an A? :s-smilie:
Original post by theseeker
For the bearing, can you say 58 anticlockwise?

That's not a bearing.
Reply 54
Original post by Hamburglar

Got the method completely right, but forgot the weight force acting downwards and just considered a resistive force of 5000N.

actually i have thought of the weight.. but i was thinking which one would be the right one.. and then i kept my original answer LOL bloodbath :/
Reply 55
73/75
BOOYAH

I deducted 1 for putting down 300 instead of 302 degrees and another for writing down the actual value of time for when it decelerates on the speed time graph rather than T1.
I'm happy :smile:
Original post by Hamburglar

Done the same

forgot the 4g

but we should get atleast 2 marks for tht if the working was correct 1 for F=ma and one for using suvat
Reply 57
Original post by Qaisar Khan
Done the same

forgot the 4g

but we should get atleast 2 marks for tht if the working was correct 1 for F=ma and one for using suvat

same! argh hope so
Reply 58
Does 058 anticlock not work? And for the last 4 marks on question 6 how many method marks can i expect for finding the time that theyre due north and
Subbing it into a position vector formula?
Reply 59
Sorry to be a party downer, but I found some questions a bit tricky and I'm normally a whiz at maths. so for anyone who's saying "this was so easy"... sh.

also, it stumps me how m1 grade boundaries generally tend to be one or two marks higher than c1?! anyone else find this strange?

ps - why neg? thought people would be relieved to hear not everyone found it absolutely fantastic
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending