I'm thinking..

100 74
_90 66
_80 58
_70 51
_60 44
_50 37
_40 30

That's way too low, can't see any UMS being less than it's percentage equivalent raw mark, ie 90 UMS will be 68+, 80 UMS will be 60+

i predict

75=100
69=90
63=80
55=70
47=60
Reply 121
Original post by Arsey
solutions now in the first post

Hi Arsey, how many marks would I get for..

3a) only did the differentiation, couldn't find turning points
3b) Gradient wrong x and y values were right, worked out equation but somehow got gradient as -2/pi
7i, ii) Didn't simplify my answers
7b) Only reached up to 1/6sec^2(2y)
How many marks lost for not drawing asymptotes?
AS it didn't ask for them , however 4 marks for the question might have been a clue.
Maybe:
1 for (3,0)
1 for (0,3)
1 for shape
1 for asymptotes ????
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I'm thinking..

100 74
_90 66
_80 58
_70 51
_60 44
_50 37
_40 30

I was thinking that, I usually get 100% on practice papers, cocked this up. Got about 53-58/75. Everyone, including the elite of my school found this incredibly hard. I reckon 56 for an A maybe. But they are never as low as I think so dunno.
Hardest. Paper. Ever.
Poo :frown:

Needed to do really well in this :frown: Was getting high As in past papers and I just arrgghh found it so tough and messed up. Got 59UMS (D) in January, not expecting much of an improvement :frown:
Arsey Q6e my curves overlapped by coordinates+shapes are correct. will i get 3/4? (one lost for accuracy) ?

Thank you for putting this up buddy, hopefully 74/75 :biggrin:
Reply 126
Do you think grade boundaries will be about the usual for this paper? about 59-61?
Also, could you have not used the double angle in question 5b to work out cos^2x?
As that's what I did.. I crossed out the correct working out and used the double angle instead! :frown:
Reply 127
7 (b) 1 / 6+2xsquared any1 else get this?
Original post by Dentistry:)
Do you guys think youd get an ecf mark for the very last question?

I said c = -7, and then the maximum value was 18 :/

So would i get ecf from 8c for 8d?

Did the same thing :\ I'm hoping i'll only lose 1 for that
*Arsey* please give your opinions on all the questions i.e. number 3 bloodbath etc on the first post.
Original post by The_Pen
Please answer guys. For Q's 3, instead of using Arsey's method, I used the Rsin/cos (x-a) method to the answer. Will I get full marks?

u cant do that with question 3 . How can u even try ? i dont think u will get any mark there sorry
Reply 131
Do we have TO draw the asymtops for 6e?!?!!!!?!!!?! wtf
Reply 132
Original post by deathhead
I was thinking that, I usually get 100% on practice papers, cocked this up. Got about 53-58/75. Everyone, including the elite of my school found this incredibly hard. I reckon 56 for an A maybe. But they are never as low as I think so dunno.
Hardest. Paper. Ever.

56 for an A! that's wishful thinking!
Reply 133
Original post by JDO9700
7 (b) 1 / 6+2xsquared any1 else get this?

I had this but then realised it's wrong, you didnt square the 3! :frown:
Original post by Mr Tough
That's way too low, can't see any UMS being less than it's percentage equivalent raw mark, ie 90 UMS will be 68+, 80 UMS will be 60+

i predict

75=100
69=90
63=80
55=70
47=60

It was much harder than recent past papers, I think the UMS will be at least it's percentage equivalent or lower
well after looking at the markscheme it isn't at bad as first thought though still bad :/ I think I got 49/75... I did not do enough revision for this as I focused on other subjects because I only need 100UMS from C3 and C4 combined for my Uni offer

Any guesses on grade boundaires/ what 49 would be?
Reply 136
Original post by pranav?
Do we have TO draw the asymtops for 6e?!?!!!!?!!!?! wtf

No, obviously not as it isn't in the question. He's just drawn them because he can.
How much would I lose for writing solution of 8b as 113.2 and 173.2?
Reply 138
Original post by deathhead
Hardest. Paper. Ever.

defo not
this paper was standard with some weird wording nothing hard about the maths though. should be 70/75 for 90ums
Also, on 7b), Is that 2 different sets of solutions that give different answers? Or have I made a massive mistake at stopping @ dy/dx=1/6{Cos^2[Arctan(x/3)]}?

Quick Reply