sixthirtythree
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Hell, I had my CV written out in Y11.
But most people aren't like you

I managed a pathetic 7, 8, 8 on my SATs so no university is touching them with a bargepole. They can stare instead at my A*s.

As the primary function of SATs is to monitor teaching, it is most definitely not a qualification. As for the "only two people in my borough," more than two people in my school get EP in Science each year. In another school, about 30+ people get EP in Maths.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by mattytaylor)
This post may seem hilarious to some people but it’s not as funny as it sounds. I got EP in Science, only 2 people in the entire borough got it, and I got the higher mark. Not showing off of course. But the thing is, alot of people are telling me that KS3 Sats were completely meaningless. This is one of the few things i have ever achieved. Was it all for nothing? I want to go to a good university (maybe even oxbridge), I know that gcse and especially AS level results are far more important but is there anyway I can sneak this onto my personal statement or something. I'm in year 11 now, i'm just curious to know if what i did back in year 9 will have any affect on my application. Will universities give any importance to the Sats?
yes definately fit it in. i wud write something like ' my interest in science mainly kicked off after achieving ' ure level in key skill'

or
' i felt that i have had certain skills in the science are after achieving ' ure level in key skill'
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Hell, I had my CV written out in Y11.
I was told to write a CV by Guy's hospital when I asked how to apply for work experience .
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by deianra)

I managed a pathetic 7, 8, 8 on my SATs so no university is touching them with a bargepole. They can stare instead at my A*s.

As the primary function of SATs is to monitor teaching, it is most definitely not a qualification. As for the "only two people in my borough," more than two people in my school get EP in Science each year. In another school, about 30+ people get EP in Maths.
Do you live in some kind of parallel universe?

I got 778 in my SATs, the school had never achieved higher than 677 before and hasn't since. There are probably not 30 people in the entire of this city who get EP grades.

What kind of freakishly scary school are you at/near?
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)

I got 778 in my SATs, the school had never achieved higher than 677 before and hasn't since. There are probably not 30 people in the entire of this city who get EP grades.

there where quite a few EPs in my school in my year
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)

In my year (120 people), 5 got EPs in science and about 15 got EPs in maths.

EDIT: there were only 4 level 8s in English, never mind EPs O_o
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
there where quite a few EPs in my school in my year
Elpaw/Harry Potter:
Manchester schools really are horrific underperformers, I knew this before, but this is just mad. I went to the best performing school in North Manchester too. The others were even worse.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Matt...just think of it as a personal acheivment...and you can then sneak it into your personal statement by saying; "at such a young age i my interest in science motivated and drove to acheive so highly that bla bla bla..." or simply dont mention...i dont think theyd give a toss either way...
Meeps
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by deianra)

im sorry but wot you just said there is seriously arrogant by saying that 788 is pathetic, considering the fact that the national average is 5. i got 567 and i was so happy!

matt, unforunately there isnt a section for sats on the application but you should definately put it into your personal statement. considering the fact that you got one of the highest marks in the borough, you can say sumfin like "having had a consitant talent in the science field from an early age, achieving one of the highest marks for the borough for science at the key stage three level, i feel shows this." Of course this is a crap example of adding it into your personal statement, im sure you'll come up with something better, you seem intelligent.
mattytaylor
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
thanks for the advice
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (11)
11.22%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (62)
63.27%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.04%

Watched Threads