The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get full course funding?

Ok, I've read on the student finance website that you get funding for your new course +1. I've already received funding for 2 years, however during those 2 years I was in a really bad place and was really miserable on my course. It even got to the point where I ended up placed in a psychiatric ward over suicide attempts and breakdowns. I took a bit of a break from my course to get emotional and mental help and finally feel in a place where I want to start a new course again, however after taking 2 years of funding already then technically I shouldn't be able to get funded for a new course and after all I've been through already I don't want to think that the bad place I'd been in had totally destroyed my chances of ever getting a degree as I would never be able to fund a year of a course myself. Is it possible to gain any sort of additional funding in a case such as this where health has got in the way of finishing a first degree?

Thanks
Reply 1
You could try to claim compelling personal reasons for one year, and if successful it would mean you would get full funding for the duration of a new course. You'd need a professional (doctor etc) to back you up with evidence, but from what you said that shouldn't be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending