The Student Room Group

F581 OCR Economics May 18th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ashk9999
when doing a 18 mark essay question, is it necessary to involve a diagram?

No but using one gets you into level 3

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5570
I haven't looked at F581 in over a year. I'm just sitting to see if I can improve on my current 84. I doubt it considering I'm not prepared at all for this. Good Luck everyone!
Reply 42
Would my structures for questions be correct?

Analyse:
introduction
points for
points against
conclusion

Comment on:
introduction
points for
points against
my opinion in conclusion

Discuss:
introduction
points for
points against
points for
points again
conclusion with opinion/extent
Remember you're Doctor Pepper and Salt and Pepper. Just to help you remember which way you're elasticity equations are :smile:
Oh and if people don't already know Tutot2u.net is an amazing website for economics stuff. I will post some links as I look through it of useful stuff :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by timlewis101
I haven't looked at F581 in over a year. I'm just sitting to see if I can improve on my current 84. I doubt it considering I'm not prepared at all for this. Good Luck everyone!

So you got an a? What you get in the others? I got 2 bs at as but c in work and leisure

Reply 47
Remember you're Doctor Pepper and Salt and Pepper. Just to help you remember which way you're elasticity equations are :smile:

What's that??
Original post by Clare1994
So you got an a? What you get in the others? I got 2 bs at as but c in work and leisure

Yeh. I got 2 A's and B on F583 (think thats the leisure one). I'm resiting F582 as well but not F583 as it seemed my B was a decent grade on that paper and thats a bitch to revise for. So basically I'm seeing if I can claw some marks on 81 and 82.
Original post by Damzzy
What's that??

Doctor Pepper
Price elasticity of demand = % change in Demand (Doctor) / % change in price (Pepper)

Salt and Pepper
Supply elasticity of demand = % change in Supply (Salt) / % change in price (Pepper)
Reply 50
Doctor Pepper
Price elasticity of demand = % change in Demand (Doctor) / % change in price (Pepper)

Salt and Pepper
Supply elasticity of demand = % change in Supply (Salt) / % change in price (Pepper)

lol thanks, I've always remembered PED as you queue (% change in Quantity Demanded) / before you Pee (% change in Price)
Reply 51
Anyone know where i can find a list of definitions for this exam?!

Pleaseeeeee :smile:
Original post by danlouisex
Anyone know where i can find a list of definitions for this exam?!

Pleaseeeeee :smile:

Back of the as text book.
Heres a link to an AS and A2 revision guide specifically for OCR economics. I'm gunna blast through it tonight.

AS https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyntszym5sj8obq/OCR-AS-revision-guide-2011v2.pdf

A2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/8m527htpzbkb3ag/ocr-2011.pdf
Reply 54
Yeh. I got 2 A's and B on F583 (think thats the leisure one). I'm resiting F582 as well but not F583 as it seemed my B was a decent grade on that paper and thats a bitch to revise for. So basically I'm seeing if I can claw some marks on 81 and 82.

Fair enough looking for an A overall then? I'm after a B and refused to resit work and leisure as i agree it's a bitch to revise for i really wouldn't of been surprised if i had got a C in that exam and as the unit we're doing tomorrow is the easiest i thought i might as well resit to gain extra marks as i currently need about 78% on the last exam to get a B overall.
Can someone remind me of the elasticity numbers please! ie what number means inelastic and which one means elastic. Thanks
Original post by Clare1994
Fair enough looking for an A overall then? I'm after a B and refused to resit work and leisure as i agree it's a bitch to revise for i really wouldn't of been surprised if i had got a C in that exam and as the unit we're doing tomorrow is the easiest i thought i might as well resit to gain extra marks as i currently need about 78% on the last exam to get a B overall.

yeh an A. Good Luck tomorrow :smile:
Reply 57
Can someone remind me of the elasticity numbers please! ie what number means inelastic and which one means elastic. Thanks

Elastic- >1
Inelastic- <1
Perfectly inelastic- 0
Reply 58
yeh an A. Good Luck tomorrow :smile:

You too
Reply 59
hey guys anyone got an idea as what to write in the 18 marker if something like market failure came up, I hateeeee that and would cry if I needed to write an essay on it!
thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending